What should I aim for weekly??

Options
When I signed up of course probably like many...... I did the 2 pound weight loss a week. But I don't think I am getting enough calories!! Do you think I should switch it? has anyone else gone through this??
Love any comments, help, suggestions!!
Jennifer

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    2 lbs a week when you have more than 20 lbs to lose is very reasonable.

Are you hungry at all? If not, I would continue on- sooner or later the dreaded plateau will come when you will need to mix things up. I would enjoy it :wink:
  • Artsgolfwidow
    Artsgolfwidow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No I'm hungry... with dinner done I only have 54 calories left for the day... so I was wondering if I should reduce it to a pound a week?
  • LindaSueBakk
    LindaSueBakk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You need to be comfortable if you intend to stick with the program. Are you eating your exercise calories? If you are eating at least half of them and are still hungry, I'd change it to 1 to 1 1/2 a week. Can't remember exactly how long you've been with MFP. You should probably stick with what they recommend for 2 or 3 weeks and then make a change if it still doesn't feel right.
  • Artsgolfwidow
    Artsgolfwidow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    thanks, I didn't even think about exercise calories... I'll have to look into that! When you log your exercise do your calories adjust automatically?