190lbs to lose - just started last week Ahhhhhh!

Options
I have to lose 190 lbs. I have lost 9lbs so far and have cravings like never before! I have decided to change my lifestyle so I can be healthy and be around for my 4 kids. My family and I are going through this together. I can't wait till next year so I can finally go on a rOller coaster with my son. I have a goal to achieve and the more people I am friends with that are there to support me the better. I am a good shoulder to lean on as well! I am a rookie in this fight and need all the guidance and help I can get. I am so thankful that I found this site.

Replies

• blogger79
    Options
    Welcome!! ;-)

Slow and steady wins the race.. just keep that in mind.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Well congratulations on your decision to change your life. I just joined this site yesterday and I am so happy to have found it, good luck to you on your journey to better yourself inside and out!
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Add me if you wish.
  • uptonia
    uptonia Posts: 26
    Options
    Welcome!
  • starlitesue
    Options
    Congratulations on your 9 pound weight loss!! That's great! Personally I find that if I look at the big picture of how much I have to lose I get discouraged, and think I can't do it. But if I focus on losing 5 pounds at a time (and never think more than 20!) then it seems totally doable. And when I get those 20 out of the way I'll tackle the next 20.

Good Luck!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    welcome aboard.....
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Congrat s on taking the first step. best of luck. Feel free to add me as a friend if you like :)
  • EastWindWoman
    Options
    Good Luck......don't give up! It will be so worth it :) I keep telling myself that every day :)
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Good luck! And about those cravings... you still can have the food you want, but measure and record it to make sure that you are still within your recommended calorie intake for the day :)
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Welcome!

A year from now, you'll be glad you started today.... :)
  • alarcher
    alarcher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks a bunch everyone. I started working out on an eliptical I got for Christmas and cut out sugar 6 days a week until I can get these sugary food cravings under control. i am sure i will have to make other adjustments later on but like someone said, slow and steady wins the race. At 335lbs, I have come to the conclusion I can't life like this anymore. Here's to becoming a brand new me!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) 190 lbs = 1 lb at a time! Mini-goals are your key! We are all here to support you! I look forward to sharing your success!
  • OoOJennieOoO
    OoOJennieOoO Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi =) and welcome to the site, Its very helpful! we have similar goals. I wanna ride on a rollercoaster next year, and My family and I are doing this together also. Also Im looking to lose 130 pounds by next year January! I wish your family good luck, and prayers =) Im going to add you, Good luck!
  • mariabancs
    Options
    Congratualations on taking the first step!! I'm new to the site too, but not to trying to lose weight. I have alway had weight issues and have been fighting them since I was 13 and went on weight watchers. Cravings are my worst pitfall too. I have a suggestion about how to eventually get rid of them, I'm not going to lie it will be hard a first, but if you can get into it it will definately help your weight lose, reduce cravings AND deal with any blood glucose and potential heart issues. It's called the South Beach Diet and it's all about how to eat the right types of food, like high fiber carbohydrates with a low glycemic index (really important to reduce sugar cravings), lean meats and plenty of friuts and verggies. I'm not sugessting you follow the diet, but the book really explains about the relationship between food and your body and why some foods are so much better for you than others. It has helped educate me so I can make better choices when I shop for food and has given me tips about how to cut calories without being too painful (like mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes, tastes almost the same, waaaaay less calories). Good Luck!!
  • jonise1969
    Options
    I am new here also....I love this sight! Congrats on your decision! Add me as a friend if you like...the more friends the more support!
  • Shawnarose
    Shawnarose Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hello there,
    We all need this for a lot of reasons -
    I would like to lose 100 lbs by next year 12-31-11 - I am focusing on the one day at a time
    and what I can do better the next day - improving as I go.
    Add me as a friend - I bet we have much in common!