Nike+ Running Challenges

Options
Hiya, it's Mariah!

I hate running. It's terrible, boring, and doesn't get me motivated at all. But recently, I discovered an app that makes me want to run by participating in challenges. 9 Days ago I competed in my first Nike+ Running challenge which was to see who could run 20 miles first by the end of this month. I finish 1st and it only took me 9 days. The addiction of constantly logging in and seeing the progress of others made me want to run more. As I saw the "you are ahead by x-miles" my motivation increased and I continued to run. I decided to set a personal goal which is to run 100 miles by August 1, and I'm about 30 miles in thus far, but since I'm not competing against others, I don't "feel" like doing it.

and that's why I'm coming here.....

I would like to kindly ask my fellow FitnessPals to add me on Nike+ Running so we can do challenges together, and help motivate one another. Since I am new to the app I don't have many friends and the ones that I do have, don't actually utilize the app for the purpose intended.

So, If you enjoy doing challenges, please add me, I would greatly appreciate it

ID: mwherna2
Email: chingyhotty@yahoo.com

-Mariah

Replies

• jacau
    jacau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi Mariah,

I just sent you a request ;-)

Let's see if I get to touch the 100 mile mark but am always up for trying. :-)
  • ashleighwebster88
    ashleighwebster88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have added you :) x
  • Sergette1
    Sergette1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    me too, never tried it but sounds fun

mine is sergette (I think) feel free to sent me request
  • SharAnWil
    SharAnWil Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Is it through the iPhone app? I see I have a nike + feature in my settings on my phone! I ran this morning... Didn't use my phone but I felt great after moving my nearly 300lb body!
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    hey there! I just started running this spring and I love it. I'm going to check out the app and set up an account I will come back here to post my info. sounds like fun!

:drinker:
    Ang
  • crzybeautiful
    Options
    I've been looking for Nike+ friends as well to complate challenges with! I've sent you a request & anyone else who happens to see this post - feel free to add me: CKittieSprint.
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm adding you!

If anyone wants to add me my username is the same as it is here, m0dizzle
  • m0dizzle
    m0dizzle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Another cool feature of nike+ running is you can set up challenges against YOURSELF. If you go onto the nike+ website and log in you can set up distance, PR, amount of runs, or calorie challenges. I just completed my first, to run more, 12x in 24 days! My current is 2400 calories burned in 24 days. So fun!
  • HiyaItsMariah
    HiyaItsMariah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Aweomse! thanks so much for adding me :)
    I'm sure you will hit the 100 mark. if i can do it you can
  • HiyaItsMariah
    Options
    Hi Mariah,

I just sent you a request ;-)

Let's see if I get to touch the 100 mile mark but am always up for trying. :-)

Aweomse! thanks so much for adding me :)
    I'm sure you will hit the 100 mark. if i can do it you can
  • HiyaItsMariah
    Options
    Another cool feature of nike+ running is you can set up challenges against YOURSELF. If you go onto the nike+ website and log in you can set up distance, PR, amount of runs, or calorie challenges. I just completed my first, to run more, 12x in 24 days! My current is 2400 calories burned in 24 days. So fun!

Whao!!! My own mind has offically been blown. I had no idea that you could do that. Look at you. Making a complete strangers days. That's awesome that you completed your own challenge against yourself. Keep up the good work!
  • HiyaItsMariah
    Options
    I've been looking for Nike+ friends as well to complate challenges with! I've sent you a request & anyone else who happens to see this post - feel free to add me: CKittieSprint.

Sweet, Thanks for the request! We are going to have so much fun on the app together. I can just tell :0) lol
    -Mariah
  • HiyaItsMariah
    Options
    Is it through the iPhone app? I see I have a nike + feature in my settings on my phone! I ran this morning... Didn't use my phone but I felt great after moving my nearly 300lb body!

Yeah, its called Nike+ and its both on Iphone and Andriod. Wow, nice job running. i'm just off 200 lbs So i know what you mean in reference to gettting up and moving. I enjoy it. Makes me feel likeI actually am doing something when I run. You definitely should download it, its free and think you would like it.
  • Sergette1
    Sergette1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My app didn't work very well yesterday .... I will try again tomorrow .... (I have an android)
  • Dezire4lyfe
    Dezire4lyfe Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! I really love walking/running... I am currently pushing my hardest to become a runner and use the Nike app. I love it. I've gone from the treadmill to pavement and I LOVE it!! I am slower than a snail but it isn't stopping me. I will add you guys if that is okay. And please feel free to add me Raychelle Remson. I would love to see others people time as motivation to get my legs to move a little faster!!!
  • kyliesierra02
    Options
    Ice been looking for friends on Nike+ to do challenges with too. You can look me up and add as Becca Haddix. I only have one active friend using the app and it's the challenges that keep me running!
  • michaelamoane
    Options
    I am a total beginner! Add me - I think the challenges will keep me going! username: michaelamoane

:smile: :smile: :smile:
  • TrishPretti
    TrishPretti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! my name on there is Trishpretti and i'm looking to add new friends
  • wildestrs
    wildestrs Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey guys add me on the nike plus running app at IJ Okons!!!! Just started and if I had friends on it would be a ton more motivating thanks

Id: IJ Okons
  • okaytori
    okaytori Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting on a motivator and this seems right up my alley!

ID: okaytori

Let's do it.