175 lbs down. From Morbid Obese to Half Marathoner

Options

Replies

• jknoell
    jknoell Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!! Great job - and it's nice to hear your honesty about everything! Thank you for posting your story and photos.
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Amazing story & Journey, thank you so much for sharing with us. :flowerforyou:
  • V0lver
    V0lver Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    You seem like a beautiful person inside and out. Congratulations:flowerforyou:
  • ndprobst
    ndprobst Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    "If I struggle today, there is always tomorrow. There is no time limit on health."

This I needed to hear this.
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Truly amazing. Your story is an inspiration to so many. Just shows what determination, will power and attitude can accomplish. What you have done is no small feat and all the praise before this post and after is well deserved!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations! It seems cruel to ask this of you at a time where you are in a celebratory mood, but did you stumble at all, and if so, how did you handle it?

Not a cruel question-- of course I hit road blocks and stumbled. This journey has been hard. Probably the hardest thing I have ever done and will ever do. There were lots of doubts, days of wanting to give up, tears and lots of sweat.

But I dealt with each hurdle as I got there. Last year my mom was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer and it would have been so easy to give up and go to food- but instead thats when I started to run.

There have been lots of cruel statements by people over the time- and I have just learned to be like- ok call me fat, but I am less fat than I used to be.

I have decided everyone has obstacles in life--- the people who are successful learn how to grow from those obstacles and get over them-- even if it doesn't look the conventional way.

Other tough moments were having to buy new clothes- A LOT and finding consignment stores. Dealing with lots of self conscious feelings that I haven't felt before. I probably felt more self conscious losing weight than I did the whole time I was heavy.

But to me you can't learn without pain. It makes me feel strong and pretty badass =) and those feelings help me get through the tough times =)
  • tinaslim
    tinaslim Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    WOW.....to say that you're an inspiration is a bit of an understatement! What a great job of posting your pics and putting it all out there for us to read. Your story is so well written it's one that I'll want to go back and re-read! Fantastic job on your weight loss and your new goal to be healthy and to live your life! Keep it up ;)
  • baileyang33
    baileyang33 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Thank you for sharing!
  • Macyfiinks
    Macyfiinks Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Wow. Just WOW! You are a definite inspiration to me. I'm looking to lose about the same amount of weight and this just boosted my confidence level tremendously. Thank you for sharing! You look AMAZING!!!! I bet you feel it, too!
  • JDubIsShrinking
    JDubIsShrinking Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You continue to inspire me, girl! You're the best!
  • itodd4019
    itodd4019 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel strong and pretty bad *kitten*

I love to hear you say that!

the living life, no fog, active in life

you RULE

well, actually surfers rule! BUT YOU CAN RULE FOR TODAY!

awesomeness!

sweat daily!
  • ReaganP13
    ReaganP13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Very well said, and truly inspiring!! You look amazing!!
  • augustrn2004
    augustrn2004 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As always you're an inspiration! I'm waiting until I get down below 220 to take up running but, the day I know that scale has moved below that point, I'm going to start C25K. I'm afraid I'll destroy my knee joints if I start now...lol. It shouldn't be too long though. Keep up the great work girl!!!
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Truly amazing and inspirational.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    You look stunning. Truly inspirational story.
  • Syrupcity67
    Syrupcity67 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your amazing story. I really needed to read that today.
  • 4ME77
    4ME77 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    well done & written! High 5 to you…I would love for you to share this on getfitfaster.ca I'll send you an invite….
  • swsays
    swsays Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Great post and thanks for the inspiration! I'm also curious what type of scan that is and what type of provider you had the scan and your various body fat and VO2 assessments done?
  • caramel1920
    caramel1920 Posts: 271
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! And congratulations!!!!!
  • chasingdreams18
    chasingdreams18 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!