No weight loss ! help please

Options
Hi, Ive been dieting for a while but after exam time i pushed my self and in the last two months ive lost no weight! And when i measure my left there is no inches lost :(

I try to eat right!, I exercise 5 times a week including gym, running, pole fitness.

So i have not seen any different and my doctor told me to try the 5:2 diet - i hope it works because im starting to get really upset with all my hard work - i wont give in but i would like to see something !!

I was 16 stone when i was 13 and got down to 11 - im now 12 stone and its almost like my body wont budge !!

Im worried that my body is getting used to my eating habits and then my exersise - i dont know what to do !

Any advice will help or someone who is in my position :( !!

I currently eat 1600 a day and 500 on my fasting days ( started the fasting 5:2 diet a week ago today)

Sorry if this is really long <3 ....

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    You are eating to maintain and not lose weight. Since you previously lost weight then it's a good idea to re-calulate your information to make sure you are still eating at a deficiency. If you are tracking in MFP then make sure your current weight, activity level, and weight loss goal are set to match your current stats. Eat back about half of your exercise calories.
  • lshand28
    lshand28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I used to eat 1200 to start off with before my exams and there was no progress there either - i was told i wasnt eating enough :/
  • Branstin
    Options
    Set your MFP profile to match your lifestyle before exercising then add your exercises and eat back a portion of those calories. For the amount of exercising you are doing, 1200 calories are too low. You are not going to meet your body's level of required nutrients and your workout and weight loss efforts will suffer. You want to achieve good health along with losing weight so you need to eat enough to accomplish both.
  • lshand28
    lshand28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    what is the difference between fitness goals and nutrition goals? :/
  • Branstin
    Options
    Fitness goals = exercise for good health

Nutritional goals = eat at a calorie deficiency in order to lose weight