Can you lose weight WITHOUT excercise?

Options
Lol I know that's a horrible question to ask but you know we are in the middle of snow mayhem across the states so I haven't been able to get out to my university's gym in a week! So I'm freaking out although I have lost 5lbs since. Is it ok just to eat healthy and do some stomach crunches daily without any cardio to continue to lose weight?

Replies

• sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Of course you can:smile:

It's about 80% diet, 20% exercise. Fit the cardio in when you can:flowerforyou:
  • hecky86
    Options
    Absolutely, If you stick to what MFP gave you for daily calories alone with jsut walking from class to class,You will still manage to loose those 1.5-2lbs...Typically...Now you take into account the stomach crunches....There is no doubt in my mind that you will continue to loose and your toning up as you do so.....Keep it up girl :-) XOXO
  • docwasch
    Options
    Yes you CAN lose weight without exercise, but better and faster if you do exercise. If you cut back your calories below your daily maintance level you will lose weight. Remember one pound of fat is about 3500 calories, so if you take in 500 calories less than your daily maintance level everyday for a week, you will lose one pound. Exercise will not only burn more calories but will also speed up your basal metabolism. If you can't get to the gym, try some good old pushups, burpies, luges, ect in your home. Something is better than nothing till you can get back to the gym, or outside. Walk or jog the stairs in your dorm if you are completely snowbound.
    Keep up the good work!
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Don't forget you tube; tons of free workout videos! I have yet to hit the gym!