Seeking Genuine Help, Need It Badly!

Options
2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    IMHO, most of this is really not an issue.

1. Eat at a surplus
    2. Eat plenty of protein
    3. Lift heavy

NOW, the one issue is the Transexual Male part... It may be that you will need some type of hormonal therapy to develop the male bulk you are looking for... I recommend consulting your physician concerning that part... Testosterone is necessary to develop a male muscular development. I am sure that they can give you insight in that area that most of us would have no clue about.

this.

You're going to have to work VERY hard to get muscle- but it can be done.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you'll mostly be facing medical issues.

The hormone thing's going to be an issue. See whatever medical professional is helping you through your transition and see if what they can do for you on this front.

As for the calories - you're going to have to address this. If you don't solve this, then you'll never add a gram of mass. There are vegetarian-friendly bulk powders available, but whether you can stomach them or not is the thing. You're just going to have to try a range of calorie dense stuff and see what you can get down without aggravating the old digestive system. Trial and error and sticking power.

Good luck though! You've got some challenges, but nothing you can't overcome with some support, knowledge, experimentation and hard work...
  • jremele
    jremele Posts: 2
    Options
    I would simply suggest setting a macro limit of 225 grams of carbs, 200 grams of protein, 55 grams of fat. 2.5 cups of vegetables per day mandatory, 2.0 cups of fruit per day. Stick with that for 2 months with 1 refeed day a week (400g carb intake). Get your health dialed in PERFECT before you pursue a weightlifting goal. You'd be surprised what the chemicals commonly found in our food to to our endocrine (IGF-1) system/development. Cut out all the processed junk, go holistic. Good luck!

Reason: I was once fat and plagued with a plethora of digestive health issues. Then I realized all the medications and crap in the food was killing me, went organic, busted my *kitten*. Now 3 years later from 159 to 190, I can finally say I am an active healthy individual without any complications, and would love to spread my story to others in hopes it would help them too.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I don't have advice exactly but I use my own body to work out such as planks, mountain climbers etc and then I do weights with squats and lunges and shoulder presses lateral raises feel free to add me if you like.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    body weight workouts are fine- but the key is to progressive load.

strengthunbound.com is a great resource- waldo might chime in at some point- he's the body weight guro- and he's seriously changed his body and physique dramatically- he's extremely knowledgeable about such things.
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    One more thought/question while I think of it. Have you tried any liquid 'meal replacement' type drinks? I wouldn't suggest it take the place of any real food, but in your case a quick high calorie shake between meals might be a way to bump up calories without getting the volume of food. It's also a good way to sneak in some more fibre.

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH. I would definitely try some hi cal shakes ... And don't forget the WHEY protein ... That a quick 200+ cals ... Hows your energy level? are you tired often? Maybe you should be taking some sort of supplements as well. I know thats not the same as the actual nutrients found in the actual food BUT in your case ... any help beats none.
    Good Luck to you and God Bless ! ! !
  • 1greenT42
    1greenT42 Posts: 2
    Options
    I hope you have found some workable stuff here. Please update us about your current condition when you get a minute. I'd love to hear how you are doing and hope you are getting better.

One thing that has really helped me manage stress is 4-7-8 breathing. It interrupts the body's production of cortisol, the stress hormone. A search on 'Dr. Andrew Weil breathing' will get you a good description and demonstration. It is simple and effective. It takes just a minute and can be done anywhere. I can feel myself relax when I do 4-7-8 breathing. Very nice.

I wish you the best and hope you update us.

8^)