most embarrassing moment while working out...

Options

Replies

• kisstheheavens
    kisstheheavens Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine would have to be ;
    when i first started going to the gym i had NO CLUE how to use ANYTHING.... so i just looked like a lost penguin waddling around and reading all the instructions on each machine. lol a lot of people were wondering what the heck i was doing!

thankfully i now know what to do!
  • kisstheheavens
    kisstheheavens Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OH..... AND i tripped on the smallest crack in the sidewalk while running ...busy street .... and i rolled like a bowling ball for like at least a meter. lol
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have two!

One, I was doing assisted pullups with resistance bands and had one of the bands snap mid pullup. It made a huge noise and gave me a big angry welt on my shoulder. Unfortunately the pullup bar was facing the cardo deck so a whole bunch of people saw it... even better, I was a trainer at the gym so most of the members knew me.

The other day I had leg day. I wore a dark grey pair of capri length pants. I've worn these pants many many times and never had an issue. Apparently leg day makes me sweat more and in weird places. I walked in front of a mirror after I was done and it looked like I had peed my pants.... I did my 30 burpees with my wet pants and left. I won't be wearing those again!!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I have two!

One, I was doing assisted pullups with resistance bands and had one of the bands snap mid pullup. It made a huge noise and gave me a big angry welt on my shoulder. Unfortunately the pullup bar was facing the cardo deck so a whole bunch of people saw it... even better, I was a trainer at the gym so most of the members knew me.

The other day I had leg day. I wore a dark grey pair of capri length pants. I've worn these pants many many times and never had an issue. Apparently leg day makes me sweat more and in weird places. I walked in front of a mirror after I was done and it looked like I had peed my pants.... I did my 30 burpees with my wet pants and left. I won't be wearing those again!!

I sweat... everywhere.

and this is why I patently refuse to purchase gray pants- they make crotch sweat stains look AWFUL- worse than any other color pant!!!!

the struggle is real!
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    was on the elliptical, a really upbeat song came on so I decided to go pick up the pace, cord to my headphones got caught on one of the handles and pulled me forward and I headbumped the handle, oh and my headphone came out so I had to stop, untangle the cord from the machine and then get back at it all wondering how many people were snickering. fun fun

also was on the treadmill and all of a sudden I had to reallllllly go so I had to leave everything on the treadmill and make a break for the locker room, past all of the guys I went to school with on the lifting floor so I wouldn't shat in my pantaloons. Then I had to walk past them again to resume my workout.

obviously cardio hates me as much as I do it :noway:
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I have two!

I sweat... everywhere.

and this is why I patently refuse to purchase gray pants- they make crotch sweat stains look AWFUL- worse than any other color pant!!!!

the struggle is real!

this happens to me so often, I now buy black and dark grey however sometimes that doesn't even help.
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I didn't think I had one then remembered...I was at the gym and putting the barbell back on the rack, I took all the weight off one end, forgetting physics, the bar flipped up catching me in the chin and fell off the rack making a racket.

I got lots of stairs and one guys comment of "Rookie error"
  • kimberly_l_adams
    kimberly_l_adams Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I first began working out and didn't believe in wasting time stretching. One day while my friends stretched I just talked to keep them company and a cramp came in my toes (big toe actually crossing the toe next it). I sat down, took off my shoe and socks and tried to pry them apart. It hurt like hell but I couldn't stop laughing. Neither could everyone else that had stopped stretching just to see what all the cry/laughing was all about!
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    two words...
    yoga farts

This ^
  • segastler
    segastler Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Didn't empty my bladder enough before cardio. Peed myself. Ahh the joys of child birth.
  • TheSaoirseTree
    TheSaoirseTree Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    2 weeks ago I ran my fastest 10k (not a race). With about 1 1/2 miles left, I wiped out hard on the busiest street in the city. I busted both my elbow and knee open. I tried my best just to dust myself off and keep going, I had to get to work!

Although, I don't get as embarrassed about tripping when I am out running. I've fell 3 times already this spring!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Mine also involves diarrhoea and a long run. I was supposed to do 20 miles around mile 9 the mishap occurred I had to run 3 more miles down a busy road until I found a public toilet then I continued my run. It has put me off long runs in the middle of nowhere.
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Busy doing the low row and the nice little thing to keep you at bay while you pull the weights back also pushed out some wind. Luckily there were only 2 people there as well and we all chuckled a bit.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    These stories are hilarious. I'm glad I work out at home. Nothing I do is embarrassing when I'm alone.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I slipped in a puddle just as I turned a corner. That was the end of wearing those shoes to work out in since they had no traction!
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Doing bent-over barbell row; the spring on one end snapped and the weights decided to roll off. I quickly learned the laws of physics by getting chinned by the barbell as the weighted end pulled down and sent the light end into my jaw..:grumble: needless to say, i looked a proper t*t in front of some grade-A IFBB athletes :ohwell:
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    A lot of these are pretty funny and make me feel better about my embarrassing moment.
    I was playing basketball with some guys at the gym and during the whole game I could only make one shot.
    On top of that, when I went to wash up in the locker rooms, I noticed that my butt had a sweat stain right down the line of my buttcrack!

I'm SOOOO glad someone else posted about crack sweat. lol.

I went bike riding with my hubby last week and wore a different pair of leggings than I usually wear.
    We rode for about 8 miles and stopped at our favorite yogurt shop for some froyo (they know us by site.)

Place was VERY crowded and I didn't realize I had a crack sweat stain until we had been standing in line in the crowded shop for a few minutes. :(

Thankfully my hubby was my hero and stood behind me until we could order and leave.

(I was embarrassed but I was still going to get the froyo since I'd worked so hard!)
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Man, you guys are shameless!

Mine involved a deployment, a sour pickle that was eaten before a long run, the long run with a TSgt I worked with, a certain digestive reaction to the sour pickle, and a long walk/run back to my tent with the TSgt on a very public street on the base.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,212 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Both of mine are run related.

the first was after I had dropped enough weight that my clothes were getting ridiculously loose. got up one morning, donned my loose running pants and headed out to run my neighborhood. About halfway through the run, i realized my *kitten* was feeling really breezy. My pants had slipped down over my butt, somehow leaving the front still up and I was mooning my neighbors. :noway:

The second was fairly recently - I was running along (again in my neighborhood), and my earbuds got tangled up. I had to slow down, and was jogging in place trying to get them untangled. My foot got caught on the side of the road (where the road ends and the grass begins), and I rolled my ankle and went down hard. In front of one of my neighbors who was driving off somewhere. :laugh:

JoRocka - thanks so much for sharing your story. I laughed until I almost peed myself! I have had this problem too. You rock for getting through your workout anyway AND for cleaning it up after. Like an adult. :flowerforyou:
  • MFPMol
    MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I just want to say this thread is awesome. We should all get together and be one big mass of disgusting people :drinker: