Breakfast Ideas! High protein NO eggs!!

Options
Hi,

I'm fairly new to eating breakfast as before I just couldn't stomach eating something that early in the morning, now I am slowly trying to up how much I eat in the morning which has a high protein content, however I HATE eggs. At most I can stomach a small meal of scrambled egg but not too often.

Can you please help with some ideas for protein breakfasts without eggs.

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, protein shake or a smoothie with protein powder. Chicken sandwich? It doesn't really have to be breakfast foods.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm fairly new to eating breakfast as before I just couldn't stomach eating something that early in the morning, now I am slowly trying to up how much I eat in the morning which has a high protein content, however I HATE eggs. At most I can stomach a small meal of scrambled egg but not too often.

Can you please help with some ideas for protein breakfasts without eggs.

Greek yogurt is high in protein. Sometimes I add a sprinkle of high fiber cereal & a few nuts....to add fiber and fat to the mix.

Cottage cheese with fruit is another one.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Pro-oats! Make porridge using protein powder and milk and oats

Or overnight oats (oats + milk + greek yoghurt + fruit/nuts/flax/anything else you fancy)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way as far as having a hard time stomaching food first thing in the morning. I generally have to wait a couple hours before I eat so I pack a low carb wrap with ham and cheese or turkey and cheese and eat after I arrive at work. I hardly ever eat breakfast foods. Here are some other things I eat that are high in protein and none are typical breakfast foods and most require little to no prep.

low carb wraps with ham or turkey and cheese
    cottage cheese
    string cheese (love Kraft's Jalopeno ones)
    turkey pepperoni
    pork rinds (love chili-lime ones)
    leftover meat from dinner the night before
    Starkist tuna salad packets
    Laughing Cow Babybel cheeses
  • sahi2lynn
    sahi2lynn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yogurt parfait

Fruit of your choice
    Yogurt of your choice
    A tablespoon or so of granola cereal
  • Arleigh7
    Arleigh7 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Have you tried egg whites and Spinach? I heat up spinach in a small sauce pan and then add 5 or 6 egg whites (I buy concentrated egg whites at the store to make it easy) and I also throw in 1 full egg but you don't have too.

Super low cal, super high protein and really starts out the day in a great way. Good luck!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    If you don't enjoy breakfast, don't have it.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to eat in the mornings, then don't. No reason to force yourself to do so. Meal timing and frequency has no impact on weight loss besides on a personal scale according to recent scientific studies.
  • JassiBear
    JassiBear Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Oh high protein foods that aren't eggs include greek yogurt and maybe you could try eating some meat in the morning..... Like chicken or turkey breast with cottage cheese.
  • carlyjaner
    carlyjaner Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas, I'm going to give a few of them a go :)

I've read so many times that eating breakfast is the best for you so I just thought I would start small and work my way into it.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I bought a tub of french vanilla cream whey protein that I don't like the taste of... I'll put 2 scoops into 20oz of coffee, and it's delicious... and 48g of protein.
  • carlyjaner
    Options
    With Protein shakes are they not very high in calories?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat breakfast, but don't like typical breakfast foods, you can just eat foods that you would typically eat for other meals. You don't need something special.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Steak. Lots and lots of steak.
  • carlyjaner
    Options
    With Protein shakes are they not very high in calories?

All depends on what kind you get/make. That's the beauty of them. You can personalize them.

But whatever you do, don't by any shakes from MLM salespeople. No Shakeology, Body By Vi, Herbalife, nothing some person is trying to sell you. Just get things online/from a store.

Do none of them things work then? I was considering joining Herbalife as my cousin has lost so much weight and inches from it?
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I am not personally a breakfast person. I get up at 5, workout, drink water, and usually eat my first meal around elevinish. I do make muffins ahead of time if I am feel hungry by chance, but usually a protein shake gets me by. You can customize protein shakes to be as high/low calorie as you want. You could use almond milk or dairy milk, add peanut butter or even just water and protein powder.
  • fat2skinny50
    fat2skinny50 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Since you really don't like eggs, yogurt is good with fruit., or no law saying it has to be so called breakfast food. Make a wrap with turkey or ham. I bring turkey beacon on rye toast with a little ketcup just so it is not so dry.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Honey Bunches of Oats Morning Energy Cereals
    Fiber One Protein Maple Crunch Cereal
    Smoothie
    Shake