Anybody out there sing during their cardio?

Options
I DO!!! I have found that if I sing I can control my breathing much easier. That way I'm not dying at the end of my workout! LOL I exercise at home, so I sing out loud. Does anyone else sing, either to themselves or out loud? What do you sing to? One of my favorites is The Beatles. Lots of great vocals and the higher the harmony, the deeper I have to breathe.

Replies

• sherip22
    sherip22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I don't sing during normally cardio, but I do have a DVD called Cardioke. Basically the point is to sing along while doing the moves. Its fun.

*edited* to say that there have been many times I would love to start singing along to my ipod while I run, but am afraid of the looks I will get at the gym or even outside!
  • Kazzieandrak
    Options
    HI!
    I DO! everyone looks at me very weird at gym 'cause no-one else do it hahaha I dont sing out loud I just move my lips and that helps me to keep my mind thinking another stuff and don't get tired so easy.
    My question is, If they're listening a song that they like, WHY PEOPLE DON'T SING? haha
    Sherip don't feel afraid of the looks it's funny!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I used to, but now I've been watching LOST season one on my phone via Netflix :) The time just flies by! Last night something startled me, I gasped and jumped and almost fell off the eliptical! hahahaha I don't think anyone saw, but it was hilarious!!
  • docwasch
    Options
    I was in the military for 12.5 years, so yeah I still sing cadence while I run.....outside! LOL I got funny looks from people on the treadmills next to me when I tried it at the gym. Sing, have fun, run longer!
  • bka8
    bka8 Posts: 92
    Options
    HI!
    I DO! everyone looks at me very weird at gym 'cause no-one else do it hahaha I dont sing out loud I just move my lips and that helps me to keep my mind thinking another stuff and don't get tired so easy.
    My question is, If they're listening a song that they like, WHY PEOPLE DON'T SING? haha
    Sherip don't feel afraid of the looks it's funny!

Me too! I usually dont worry about people hearing because just about everyone has headphones in, but once in a while I dont notice the person next to me doesnt and they usually laugh. But c'mon, we make work out mixes to inspire us right??
  • Kazzieandrak
    Options
    absolutely right! it's funny and helps! so c'mon everyone let's sing while doing cardio!!
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Not always but it does seem to help when I am getting tired to keep me motivated and with breathing as well but is kind of embarrassing at the gym :)