Olive Garden Help?!

Options
Hi!
So i was looking at the nutritional facts for Olive Garden and saw they had Gluten Free Penne Rotini Primavera for 500 and Rotini Pomodoro for 540. However, if I order gluten free rotini with pomodoro sauce from the Cuncia Mia menu its 430+240= 670 and the same for rotini ordered with primavera sauce 430+390=820.
Can anyone clarify this for me? Are the portions different or something?
Thanks!

Replies

• mackeyj
    mackeyj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It's two different sauces.

Primavera generally has milk or cream. Pomodoro doesn't.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    It appears to be the sauces that are different calories, not the pasta, from how you're explaining it. Which makes sense.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    The primavera has vegetables in it, where the pomodoro is just tomato sauce. Here's a copycat recipe I found for the primavera sauce to give you an idea of what's in it: http://www.copykat.com/2009/05/14/olive-gardens-capellini-primavera/ There's some cheese, but no milk or cream.

I was there a few weeks ago and had a lunch portion of chicken primavera, which was grilled chicken with some kind of pasta and a tomato sauce with lots of vegetables. It's a seasonal special. I ate half and took the rest home and it worked out to 310 calories per serving. Even with salad and a breadstick I was able to stay within my calorie goals.
  • chaarlotte289
    chaarlotte289 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys but thats not my question :)
    I was saying... these TWO dishes.
    Rotini with Fresh Tomato Pomodoro is 540 calories. Rotini Primavera is 500.
    However, under the Cucina Mia category if I ordered Gluten-Free Rotini with Fresh Tomato Pomodoro (Gluten-Free) its 430 for the pasta and 240 for the sauce. Same with the Gluten-Free Rotini ordered with Primavera (Gluten-Free) is 430 for the pasta and 390 for the sauce.
    Why are these different if I ordered it under the Cucina Mia category?
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Gluten-free substitutes are often higher calorie than flour-based items. One of the many reasons why they suck.