ezekiel w/almond butter vs bacon & eggs

Options
zzcharge
zzcharge Posts: 42 Member
I may have had an epiphany...but I cant explain what it means.

My meals for lunch and dinner generally follow a pattern....One of those will be salad with a some sort of meat/protein only...essentially no carbs....and one will include a starchy carb but will be lower cal. For instance yesterday I had 2 small soft shell tacos with beef, lettuce, cheese and avocado only for lunch. So dinner was just a salad with a side of meat(pork). Snack is always a quest bar and some fruit...usually berries.

Breakfast is always either bacon & eggs at home with fruit 1 hour later at work OR Ezekiel bread w/raw creamy unsalted almond butter w/ fruit all at the same time.

2 weeks ago I ate the bacon/eggs combo every morning....lost 2 pounds... worked out 3 mornings
Last week ate the Ezekiel bread combo every morning....lost nothing....worked out 5 mornings

Does this mean that I don't tolerate Ezekiel bread as well??? Too many carbs???

As a background...I am insulin resistant....over 40 and still in early stages of weight loss. Started at 210 now hovering between 195-200. And that weight loss has taken over 1 year! Any thoughts??

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    It means nothing (unless the bread and almond butter was putting you over on your calories and bacon and eggs was not).

Weight loss fluctuations are normal. Some weeks will be higher, some will be lower. Long-term averages are what matters. I would put next to no stock in a one-week trend.

ETA: Just saw that you are insulin resistant, which means you should follow your MD's recommendations regarding diet and carb intake. Nonetheless, I still think a one-week trend is meaningless.
  • Luv2Smile55
    Luv2Smile55 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, if you are insulin resistant, carbs can make a HUGE difference in your weight loss. Depressing ... I know. I lose weight painfully slow. I keep trying to eat some carbs but the only way I ever seem to lose any significant weight is by eating very low carbs. :frown:
  • zzcharge
    zzcharge Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This is not a week trial....I have been on this journey for over a year to see what is the magic formula for my body. I have tried EVERYTHING!! Even taken metformin. I have done strict no-carb and not lost a pound. Exercised 1 hour a day....nothing. Ive gone months without a single cookie, cake or dessert of any kind. I have had periods where I had 2 slices of Ezekiel bread with butter every morning and GAINED WEIGHT.
    So this is not a short trial.....But I am committed to lower carb...because at least I lose some bloat. I thought Ezekiel bread fits in with that....maybe not.