New to site. Over 100 lbs to lose!

Options
Hi everyone! I really hope that I'm doing this correctly. I just joined this site last night and it really seems to be an amazing tool which I'm sure will be a huge help to me along the way. I'm going to make sure that this works before I go into a big story about myself. Please feel free to say hello and tell me about yourself and your weight loss goals. I think support is very important when trying to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Lorrie

Replies

• Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hey there!

Welcome!

I also have 100+. Please feel free to add me. And just asked any questions! Everyone here, in general, is friendly and full of knowledge!

Nina
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    I too needed to lose over 100 pounds. I have lost 50 (but new to my fitness pal) good luck. add me as a friend if you want and we can do this together.
  • loriellen67
    Options
    Hi there, I previously lost 80 lbs., have gained back 20 and now my goal is loose 25lbs. Good Luck and stay in touch!
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I have that much to lose too!! So far i'm down 35!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I needed to lose 180 in total and I am down 80 so far. Anyone can add me!!!
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat here:) Stick with MFP, it is an incredible tool that keeps me on track and honest with myself. There are some really great people on this site who are filled with encouraging words. Any questions or need advice, feel free to ask! Kim
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome this is so doable. Every -.02 or -3lbs adds up. I'm so excited for you!
  • mistakes101
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just found this site via facebook today. I have at least 100 lbs to lose. I don't like many vegetables or fruit so dieting is a little difficult, to say the least, for me. I just joined today any ideas or comments are welcome.
  • minni2906
    minni2906 Posts: 182
    Options
    Hey, there. I am only 22, and at my heaviest I was 215. I had 65lbs to lose for a healthy BMI. That was in October. Now January, I still have 51lbs to lose. It seems so scary now, but when I look at what I've accomplished thus far, I know I can do it. I just have to stay motivated. Take Before pictures if you haven't already, they'll motivate you every step of the way. As for weight loss goals, my biggest one right now is for my wedding. I want to look gorgeous for my fiance in my wedding dress. My goal is to NEED alterations on the dress I already bought! Wish me luck! And, good luck to you! Stay positive!!! :]
  • minni2906
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just found this site via facebook today. I have at least 100 lbs to lose. I don't like many vegetables or fruit so dieting is a little difficult, to say the least, for me. I just joined today any ideas or comments are welcome.

Vegetables and fruits aren't the only way to diet. Take it from me, I only like carrots, corn and apples. Haha. But, I've lost 14 lbs thus far. It CAN be done!! Watch your carb intake, that'll help you out a lot if you're not doing veggies!
  • mistakes101
    Options
    your weight loss is very impressive. How do you stay motivated?
  • lpcroce
    Options
    Hello, I'm 22 my start weight was 384lbs. My goal weight is 200lbs and I now weigh 295lbs I have 95lbs to go!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    you can do it, just stick with it. i have another 67 to go.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have at least 110 to lose total... and about 80 of that left to go. MFP is a very supportive place and I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me!

Sending you a friend request!
  • VJ150
    VJ150 Posts: 453
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! :flowerforyou: I had 100+ to loose - now I have 71 to go. This is an awesome site that will help you tremendously. Sending friend request. :flowerforyou:
  • minni2906
    Options
    Biggest motivator for me is seeing that what I'm doing IS working. I tried for so long and when I didn't see results, I gave up. This time I stuck to my carb limits, and did regular exercise, and saw results. I CAN do this! And so can you if you're heart is in it. More power to you!
  • alarcher
    alarcher Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just started too! I have 190lbs to lose. It is gonna be a tough journey but we are all in this together. Welcome to MFP!
  • navvs15
    navvs15 Posts: 165
    Options
    Hello! I was aiming to lose 107 pounds. Going from 232 to 125, I've lost 47 pounds already. Good luck to you!