FitBit

Options
Do any of you have one. Do you love it or hate it? Is it worth the investment?

:) Thanks for your opinions in advance

Meera

Replies

• fscarano
    fscarano Posts: 9
    Options
    I ordered this http://store.tech4o.com/mens-accelerator-pro-mens today to help keep track of my distance and steps. I did have a fitbit that was worn on my belt. Not a good place for walking or jogging. I did like it.
  • Enverex
    Enverex Posts: 3
    Options
    Bought one, it was fun for a while but just died in less than a year (randomly flashing up the firmware screen). They don't appear to be the most reliable of devices given how many complaints of randomly dying devices there are (and considering how basic and expensive they are, isn't really great). I wouldn't really recommend one.
  • meeralacey
    meeralacey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for the feed back. :)
  • tigerjen99
    tigerjen99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been having my fitbit since May 2012. I had one issue where it wasn't syncing right. However, they sent me detailed instructions on how to reboot it and it's still going strong! (I have the flex model.)
  • rebeccawesterfield5
    rebeccawesterfield5 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit zip, very motivating! If you lose it or it breaks, they will replace it. Worth it, in my opinion!
  • geekishgirl
    geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at them also. Does anyone have a preference between the Flex and the One?
  • jenniferagates
    Options
    I have had my fitbit flex for almost a month now. I am loving it! It pushes me to meet goals every day. As a competitive person I know I WILL meet them all.
  • meeralacey
    Options
    great to know they have good customer service
  • meeralacey
    Options
    i was thinking of getting one for the exact same reason, motivation and to get a better idea of how much activity i am acutally doing daily
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Love it makes me get off my butt and if you have friends and are competitive its great for that too.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have been using the fitbit flex since November. It's always worn and only reluctantly taken off to charge.
    I love using it. It's made me walk miles to keep up my daily target.

Make sure your phone is compatible if you hope to sync with it otherwise you can sync with your PC.
    I ended up buying the latest iPhone because my old iPhone3 was not up to date enough.

????
  • Tracey_B_72
    Tracey_B_72 Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    I keep umming and ahhing about getting one, I know keep looking at the one you add to your zip to see if its worth paying for more.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit One. I love it :)
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit Zip. It's very reliable and discreet (I can wear it on my waist or bra, nobody knows I have it on, unlike the wrist worn models). It doesn't track sleep, but that's not an issue for me so I didn't see any reason to spend twice as much money on the other types. I love to see how I'm doing throughout the day, the graphs and charts on the website are fun for me, and I like getting the text messages from FitBit telling me when I've nailed 10,000 steps. (The Zip also gives me big grins when I'm really active - I'm such a sucker for little bits of encouragement haha). Since I started using my Zip on New Year's Day it has helped me get through a plateau.
  • meeralacey
    Options
    great feedback thanks
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and love it!!!! It keeps me motivated to get those 10,000 steps daily!!! I'm a numbers kind of person and I like being able to tap the app on my iphone and see all the stats (steps, miles, active minutes). It's a great little fitness tool!!
  • pmowers
    pmowers Posts: 10
    Options
    I have the Zip, and have used it for almost a year. Only had a problem with one update which caused my battery to drain very quickly, but the last one has been going for almost 5 months. While basic, it has kept me motivated, I will find myself trying to round-up my steps or distance. I have almost tripled my movement and steps since I started wearing it. It works great with my Samsung Rugby Pro phone.

The integration between Fitbit and MFP is an added bonus, as it is two-way. My calories go to the Fitbit app and my steps go to MFP.

The Zip seems to be pretty rugged. My wife couldn't find hers, she said it apparently decided it was dirty and took 341 steps in the washing machine.

I wish that they would bring the Fitbit Force back. It had the display of the Zip and the One, with the wrist band like the Flex. I need the display rather than the lights.