5'7 women

Options
2»

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    for all you women who are on this journey that are 5'7 what is your current weight and ur weight goal. also any other advice or info you would like to share. I am 24 yr old mother of 2. i weigh 130lbs and my goal is 120lbs. I absolutely LOVE zumba. i also use the treadmill lift weights and do hip hop abs. i am currently set to lose 1lb a week but have not lost any weight in months so am considering switching to half a pound a week..................what about YOU?

Since you don't have much to lose, it may be impossible to go with a 1 pound/week loss. Once I got within 10-15 pounds of my goal weight, I had to scale it back to a 0.5 pound/week loss because the scale wasn't moving. Try it for a few weeks- you will still be at a calorie deficit so it can't hurt to try. I have a feeling you will see yourself starting to lose once you start eating a little more. It is soooo hard to lose when your body is a "normal" weight!!

For the record, I am 5'7" and started MFP at 175 pounds. I am currently 150, though I have been weighing in at 148 or so the past coupe of days (YEAH!) but I weigh daily and haven't made it official yet by logging the loss on MFP. My goal weight is 145, however I may want to go lower. Once I reach 145 I am going to maintain for a bit and step up my workout routine (I walk for cardio and Pilates for strength) and see how I am looking in a few months.
  • lp0007
    lp0007 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    I am 5'7 and 135lbs. Feel really good here so goal will be 130 I think. If I went to 120 I would feel too slim and fragile for me. Am gonna go to losing 1lb a week for a while and will then go to 0.5 to make it easier to go into maintenance. I love zumba! In fact any dancing is awesome in my book (especially when accompanied by a few glasses of wine ;) good luck with the rest of your journey :)
  • Goingagain
    Goingagain Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.7, 32 yrs old with 2 kiddies, i weigh 131lb my goal is 126 and i'm struggling to keep on track.Up 1.5lb this week had a couple of cheat days, need to get back focused!! 120lb for me would be way too skinny my hubbie would hate it also
  • plutoniansmash
    Options
    I'm 5'7", 20 years old, currently weighing 154lbs - down from 173! :) My initial goal weight is to be 143 (30lbs lost) but I think my final goal weight will be in the 130-33 range. Too much more than that and I will be an ugly popsicle stick!! I have a pretty big frame.
  • xGymBunny
    xGymBunny Posts: 7
    Options
    5'7 and I'm trying to get to 118. Doing 90-120 minutes a day of elliptical machine, treadmill, exercise bike, and weight training. Starting today eating more healthy in my calorie range, most of the time I eat junk as part of my calories. Not anymore!
  • pinkyslippers
    pinkyslippers Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, 38 and my current weight is 155, my dream goal weight is 130lbs. However, I will be delighted to settle anywhere in the 130s.

I'm doing P90X3 at the moment and really enjoying it.