Zumba

Options
does anyone do Zumba??? if so what do you log it in as?

Replies

• punkinbeanie
    Options
    I do zumba and i use the dance, general. it seems to match up pretty close.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Yes ... I do Zumba classes, Zumba DVD's, and the Zumba game on Wii ... I LOVE ZUMBA ... I wear a Heart Rate Monitor so I record it as Zumba and enter what ever calories my monitor says I've burned. But if you don't have a HRM then maybe add it as Aerobics ... high impact. Good Luck
    zumba_love.jpg
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    What Zumba DVDs do you use/recommend?
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Yes ... I do Zumba classes, Zumba DVD's, and the Zumba game on Wii ... I LOVE ZUMBA ... I wear a Heart Rate Monitor so I record it as Zumba and enter what ever calories my monitor says I've burned. But if you don't have a HRM then maybe add it as Aerobics ... high impact. Good Luck
    zumba_love.jpg

How many calories does your HRM say you burned doing Zumba? Do you know if it is better to log as aerobics or dance?

Thanks
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Lots of similar posts here, you could do a Search -

But since you asked, my wife is a zumba instructor and burns approx 600/hour. She is quite petite and conditioned to it so your results may vary. I've heard some say upwards of 800/hour. Have fun!
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    Oh, and you can go to the Zumba.com website and search for instructors in your area if you want to do live classes.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    zumba_love.jpg

How many calories does your HRM say you burned doing Zumba? Do you know if it is better to log as aerobics or dance?

Thanks

My HRM usually says I burn around 500 calories in a hour long Zumba class ... but it depends on the instructor and how much I put into it. Sometimes it's around 450 and other times it's been up to around 580. I figure around 500 per hour for me works well. I'm also a heavy woman for my hight ... not sure if that would make a difference. I know everyone is different when it comes to burning calories.
  • mrslatina83
    Options
    Thanks guys for the information...I have the Zumba dvds that I do for an hr..I do them all to switch it up and keep my workouts fun. Most recently I have been doing the sculpt and tone and abs. I haven.t looked into classes b.c me personally I am not comfortable working out in front of others (yet).