Weight loss pictures and update!

Options
Although I'm not yet to my goal, and my actual weight loss is at a stall, I'm still losing inches! Here are some photos documenting my journey to a healthier me!

This was me in May 2010, when I first started noticing how much I had gained. I tried to hide my belly behind my daughter, but it just showed how big my butt was.

1583210_6613.jpg

Here's me during the summer, August 2010. I asked that the picture didn't show my belly, just chest up.

1583210_1521.jpg

OK, now for what's happened since. I joined MFP on August 4, 2010. I got motivated by some of the success stories here. I wasn't sure I could do it, but I was determined to give it a good try!

This is me now, wearing the size 12 stretch pants I bought to wear for Mother's Day. Keep in mind a 12 stretch will fit almost up to a 14.

1583210_2297.jpg

I even got bigger during the summer months, and sadly, the button came off the 12 stretch pants.

1583210_6185.jpg

Here's me wearing the size 8 tan jeans I got in Decemeber 2010, so I would have clothes that fit for Christmas.

1583210_5683.jpg

And now, for the latest... a size 6!!!!

1583210_9051.jpg

I'm so excited!! I never get to go shopping because we don't generally have enough money, and it hasn't been necessary, until NOW!!! I've been shopping at the outlet stores getting stuff I can wear pretty cheap. Even if it's only til I drop down to the next size. I still have a little bit further to go before I reach my goal, but I now have a healthy BMI, and my eating habbits have greatly improved! I'm setting a better example for my family too, and LOVING it!!

Replies

• fitmom125
    Options
    You look great. I'm motivated. I can't weight to see results too.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!!!!!! Keep it up!!!!
  • bekdavis
    bekdavis Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    amazing! you should be very proud of yourself.
  • tessjordan88
    tessjordan88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I couldn't have done it without support and motivation from my new friends here, sharing common goals brings us together!!!

LOL!! I just noticed in one of the pictures, you can see my dogs... they motivate me by demanding me to take them for walks!! I love those furry babies!!
  • VeryKerri
    VeryKerri Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You look great!
  • bsshaw1
    bsshaw1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great job! Very inspiring!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Wow...great pictures!!!
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Wow...great pictures!!!
  • mini_girl7
    mini_girl7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    congrats! I am SO impressed! Seeing your success definitely helps motivate me! Thanks for sharing!:smile:
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Congratulations on all of your efforts!
  • tessjordan88
    Options
    Thanks, everybody! If I can do this, YOU can too! Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see YOUR progress pictures too!
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you!

Just curious, how tall are you and do you consider yourself small, medium or large frame?
  • tessjordan88
    Options
    I'm about 5' 4.5' and about medium frame. I started when I weighed somewhere over 173 pounds (that's my best guess because I found out later my scale was off.) My goal is 140, and I'm currently fluctuating from 146.5 to 150-ish pounds. Thanks for asking, and I hope that helps!
  • jdmacfam
    Options
    Keep up the great work! Very motivating and I'm so happy for you! =)
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • lisablueeyes
    lisablueeyes Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Amazing. Simply amazing...
  • sandybaby13
    Options
    wow you look fab well done your almost there cant wait untill i start loosing weight, looking at your photos gives me the motivation to stay going xxxxxxxxxx
  • tessjordan88
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging thoughts! :happy: It's great people like you that keep me going!
  • Buckwheat38
    Options
    amazing thanks a bunch for sharing, keeps me motivated to keep going on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!