Tuna!

Options
2»

Replies

• tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I make chicken salad with avocado so I am going to try putting it with tuna also. Too bad I just made lunch which was grilled leftover Alaska wild salmon made into a salad with dill relish, chopped red onion and 1T. Dukes real mayo. Don't forget you do need to have your fat macros. If I am going to make tuna, chicken etc salad I am going to use Dukes for my fat.
  • earthsember
    earthsember Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I love tuna ^.^ especially with cucumbers, tomato, loads of lettuce and a slice of munster in between one slice of bread and one slice of romaine. Toss a few avocado oil kettle chips IN the sandwhich and you have a pretty good meal for under 400cal
  • linztx
    linztx Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I make chicken salad with avocado so I am going to try putting it with tuna also. Too bad I just made lunch which was grilled leftover Alaska wild salmon made into a salad with dill relish, chopped red onion and 1T. Dukes real mayo. Don't forget you do need to have your fat macros. If I am going to make tuna, chicken etc salad I am going to use Dukes for my fat.

I don't understand the concept of Macros. Is this the guide where, it shows how much percent of the three I am getting?
    My diary is open if you would like to take a look.
  • linztx
    Options
    I love tuna ^.^ especially with cucumbers, tomato, loads of lettuce and a slice of munster in between one slice of bread and one slice of romaine. Toss a few avocado oil kettle chips IN the sandwhich and you have a pretty good meal for under 400cal

Mine was pretty delish. I needed the change. Yummm for cucumbers in it! Great idea.
    It ended up being:

Kroger - Tender Twist 100% Whole Wheat Bread J, 2 SLICE
    Homeade Tuna
    Watermelon - Raw
    Special K - Baked Cracker Chips With Sea Salt (From Box), 15 Chips

All for 268 Calories.
    Next time, I think I will do either the Cracker Chips, or The bread, not both. For the first time in this new lifestyle, I was completely stuffed full.
  • linztx
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with pickles or dill pickle relish, sweet pickle relish works too as long as it fits your calorie goals. Whole eggs is another good choice. Nothing wrong with mayo either.... eggs and oil.... it is all about what fits within your calorie and macro budget, I'm going to try the avocado and hot sauce mixed with mine, yum!

Thank you! Least I don't feel extremely guilty. Avocado does sound delish! I found this new salsa, called Texas-Texas, and it is AMAZING!
  • _karyn_
    _karyn_ Posts: 11 Member
    Options

I make mine with plain unflavored greek yogurt and a very little relish- so I tend to just add the ingredients separately.

I do this too. I LOVE it. Mayo grosses me out now I've done it for so long.

Another way I eat tuna if I get tired of the typical "tuna salad" type stuff is I'll throw it in a bowl with some rice,couscous, or pasta, some diced cucumber or tomato, some garlic salt, dill, lemon juice or red wine vinegar, and olive oil.

My husband can't have dairy so he mixes mashed avocado with his. It's very yummy.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

I don't understand the concept of Macros. Is this the guide where, it shows how much percent of the three I am getting?

Macros are your macro nutrients: protein, fat, and carbs. Not everyone pays attention to their macros and it's not strictly necessary for weight loss. But watching them can help with your overall body composition, health goals, hunger, etc. For instance, protein helps retain and repair your lean muscle mass and keeps you fuller longer. Fat helps to keep your hormones in balance, keeps your skin and nails healthy, and helps with vitamin absorption, etc. And carbs give you energy.

You can set those to whatever percentages you want based on your specific goals, exercise routine, health issues, etc. A lot of us who mention macros follow IIFYM (If it fits your macros) which tries to take the focus off of good foods vs. bad foods and instead says that all foods can be good as long as they fit into your macro nutrient percentages (and you're eating a varied diet, getting plenty of micro nutrients, etc.) It's not a pass to eat all junk food all the time (very few people manage to hit their macros like that!) but it can help to take some of the guilt off of those treats that other diets say are a no good, very bad thing.
  • linztx
    Options

Macros are your macro nutrients: protein, fat, and carbs. Not everyone pays attention to their macros and it's not strictly necessary for weight loss. But watching them can help with your overall body composition, health goals, hunger, etc. For instance, protein helps retain and repair your lean muscle mass and keeps you fuller longer. Fat helps to keep your hormones in balance, keeps your skin and nails healthy, and helps with vitamin absorption, etc. And carbs give you energy.

You can set those to whatever percentages you want based on your specific goals, exercise routine, health issues, etc. A lot of us who mention macros follow IIFYM (If it fits your macros) which tries to take the focus off of good foods vs. bad foods and instead says that all foods can be good as long as they fit into your macro nutrient percentages (and you're eating a varied diet, getting plenty of micro nutrients, etc.) It's not a pass to eat all junk food all the time (very few people manage to hit their macros like that!) but it can help to take some of the guilt off of those treats that other diets say are a no good, very bad thing.

Thank you SO much!