Bob Harper's Kettlebell Cardio Shred - Calorie Burn?

Just bought Bob Harper's Kettlebell Cardio Shred DVD (54 minutes) and am curious if any of you know approximately how many calories I'll burn if I do the full program? I don't yet have a HRM (that's my next purchase!) and will guess low - just not sure what a good approximation would be. Anybody able to help me out? I'm 5'0" and 125 lbs. THANKS!

Replies

• bhersh24
    bhersh24 Posts: 49
    anybody? has no one done this DVD? help me out, friends!
  • Kettlebell training burns 400 calories in 20 minutes.
  • Ahdillard
    Ahdillard Posts: 42 Member
    I just saw this post. I do this DVD workout. I LOVE IT!!! Are you still doing this workout?
  • derik999
    derik999 Posts: 73
    Bob Harper + KB = LMAO.

Johnny come lately trainer that jumped on the KB bandwagon like every other American fitness personality.

For any women wanting to get into KB's I recommend you take a look at this.

http://www.dragondoor.com/dv040/
  • sz8jm9
    sz8jm9 Posts: 1 Member
    I love it too. Love all his DVDs.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    anybody? has no one done this DVD? help me out, friends!

I won't matter if anyone has done it or not. Height, weight, age, gender, exertion level, and more determine calorie burns.

MFP uses general categories for their estimations.

This DVD is a combination of cardio & strength (AKA circuit training)......just plug in the number of minutes

http://www.collagevideo.com/products/bob-harpers-kettlebell-cardio-shred
  • Ahdillard
    I burn over 650 calories doing this workout!!!
  • runninggirltoo
    runninggirltoo Posts: 12 Member
    I have that program, but never liked it. there were too many repetitions, as far as his dialog. It is almost like they keep running a portion of a recording over and over again. Tony Horton is the way to go. It's like working out with a real coach. That's just my opinion though.
  • Ahdillard
    I love Tony Horton as well but I love Bob Harper too. I just enjoy the way Bob Harper teaches you to use the kettlebell. I find myself creating my own circuits based on moves I take from different trainers.