Eating snack foods?

Options
I've been really focusing on eating healthy, balanced meals. Is it okay to eat snack foods, like a few pretzels or goldfish as long as I am sticking within my caloric boundaries?

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Yes :) I make sure to include daily snacks usually ice cream into my day
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yes there is nothing wrong with that at all. I follow Flexible Dieting, which allows me to fit any meal or food that I would like into my day as long as it meets my macro requirements. I have some sort of chips or crackers every day with lunch, sometimes I'll throw in a little ice cream into my day but I'm always close to reaching my macro goals for the day. CICO is the key for weight loss, and snack foods won't change that. Just so long as the rest of your day is full of healthy, whole foods to keep your insides healthy.
  • elliej
    elliej Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Take a look at IIFYM (if it fits your marcros). I eat chocolate, crisps, ice-cream etc. every week just make sure it fits in my calories and that I'm still hitting my protein goal and not going over on fat/carbs
  • sculli123
    sculli123 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    My favorite snack food is these things.....

oscar-mayer-packs.jpg
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Heck, you can eat unhealthy snack foods. I try to eat ice cream or chocolate once a day. I portion control and save calories for it. I even drink on the weekends and continue to lose weight. It's all about moderation and logging accurately. I figure one 180 snickers ice cream bar at the end of the day when I have 200 calories left is a win win, especially if it means I won't be tempted to eat an entire pint of ben & jerry's the next day.
  • KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    you have to allow yourself some treats
  • sculli123
    Options
    Take a look at IIFYM (if it fits your marcros). I eat chocolate, crisps, ice-cream etc. every week just make sure it fits in my calories and that I'm still hitting my protein goal and not going over on fat/carbs
    This works ^^

Only become a problem when some people think it means they can eat whatever junk they want all day and end up not actually sticking to their macros. Becomes harder the lower your calories are but essentially it is the key to victory!
  • Fat_Chancer
    Options
    It's fine to snack within your calorie limit but PETA might get onto you if you're caught eating goldfish. That's what happened to that bloke from the Wolf of Wall Street.
  • sculli123
    Options
    Heck, you can eat unhealthy snack foods. I try to eat ice cream or chocolate once a day. I portion control and save calories for it. I even drink on the weekends and continue to lose weight. It's all about moderation and logging accurately. I figure one 180 snickers ice cream bar at the end of the day when I have 200 calories left is a win win, especially if it means I won't be tempted to eat an entire pint of ben & jerry's the next day.
    I'm going to make a thread on how to make healthy treats that taste like the unhealthy ones but are actually heathy. I just keep getting too busy to make the thread. lol Soon though.
  • Brumhilda
    Brumhilda Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm going to make a thread on how to make healthy treats that taste like the unhealthy ones but are actually heathy. I just keep getting too busy to make the thread. lol Soon though.

That sounds like a fantastic idea, I for one would really appreciate it.
  • sculli123
    Options

That sounds like a fantastic idea, I for one would really appreciate it.
    I'm going to do it but just got to get around to it.
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    As long as it fits in with your goals and you are having healthy meals- little treats are ok. I'm going for ice cream later!
  • Aradia_Silvermoon
    Aradia_Silvermoon Posts: 375 Member
    Options

oscar-mayer-packs.jpg

I love those so much! I have been having some medical issues, including loss of appetite, so I will often eat those for lunch with some fruit so I can get my protein in even if I can't manage to eat up to 1200 calories!

I am also one of those people who eat what they want as long as it fits into my macros. I will follow serving sizes so I don't overeat and so far it's been working great! I feel that if you deprive yourself you are just setting yourself up to give up and binge like crazy! So eat what you want, make it fit, and keep up the exercise! It'll all work out :)
  • sculli123
    Options

I love those so much! I have been having some medical issues, including loss of appetite, so I will often eat those for lunch with some fruit so I can get my protein in even if I can't manage to eat up to 1200 calories!

I am also one of those people who eat what they want as long as it fits into my macros. I will follow serving sizes so I don't overeat and so far it's been working great! I feel that if you deprive yourself you are just setting yourself up to give up and binge like crazy! So eat what you want, make it fit, and keep up the exercise! It'll all work out :)
    I eat them almost every day. I buy a 5 pack of them every week.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I allow myself small treats, I just watch the portions and make sure my other choices throughout the day are packed full of nutritional value. :-)
  • eimaj5575
    eimaj5575 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Special K cracker chips are yummy and low calories.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

oscar-mayer-packs.jpg

huh interesting! I might need to look for these!
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Some of my favorites are crackers with laughing cow cheese, hummus and pretzels, string cheese and almonds, a little salami and provolone etc... No reason to give those up!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Yup. My Reeses peanut butter cup ice cream bar beckons me. The Talenti too but it's hard on my wallet to eat a pint a night
  • Italianma7
    Italianma7 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

oscar-mayer-packs.jpg

I want to try these!