Having a hart time keeping motivated in summer

Options
ok.. the scale scared me back on track this morning but I am still struggling! I always have such a hard time with my diets in the summer as it is my favorite eating time (Biergarten season) and I have zero motivation to go to the gym. Any advise on how to handle summer dieting?

Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem you are, I have been indulging alittle more lately and the scale scared me this morning,it was up. I know it may be water weight but it was the first time I have had a gain since February, when I started counting calories seriously.
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I have a harder time in the winter because I want those nice, hot casseroles loaded with sauces. In the summer I can eat more cold foods so it is easier to stay on track.
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm not in maintenance yet but this warm weather is not helping my weight-loss at all :(

I am a lover of cold weather and the heat this year is generally more bearable compared to last year where I was a good deal more insulated, but i'm still finding it hard to find a new routine of exercise and foods that are filling.

I hope we all find a regular pattern soon for summer!

Kaela
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I have found some low fat foods , johnsonville turkey sausage with cheddar 120 calories a link, jenny o turkey hot dogs 70 cal. Smith field mesquite pork loin smoked on grill is good and 4oz, 120 calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot...I exercise a lot.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I see no difference.

Fit it in, make choices, exercise.

Summer/winter/fall/spring...not sure why the season dictates your desire to lose weight...

I was in a deficit last summer, fall, winter and spring...finally at maitenance

You really either want it or you don't. For example I am going to go home and put on my shoes and immediately go for a walk, why because it's tuesday and that's what I do on Tuesdays...I have prelogged my dinner and my snacks and hit my macros...life is good.

Because I do have plans this weekend which will involve drinking, snacks and potluck...I will ensure I have extra calories for it left from my week even tho it's a canoe trip down the river...gotta do what you gotta do.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I see no difference.

Summer/winter/fall/spring...not sure why the season dictates your desire to lose weight...

You really either want it or you don't. For example I am going to go home and put on my shoes and immediately go for a walk, why because it's tuesday and that's what I do on Tuesdays...I have prelogged my dinner and my snacks and hit my macros...life is good.

Because I do have plans this weekend which will involve drinking, snacks and potluck...I will ensure I have extra calories for it left from my week even tho it's a canoe trip down the river...gotta do what you gotta do.

+1 :flowerforyou:
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Balance out your increased intake with more exercise. Walking, biking, swimming, hikes, tennis, move more now that it's warm out!
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Going to the gym when it's summertime and beautiful out is really a drag! :) I'd recommend finding outdoors activities that you truly enjoy and don't feel like exercise... such as hiking, playing tennis, canoeing, and playing tag with your kids. This will balance out whatever yummy stuff you're eating this summer. :)
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I move a lot more in summer, I am not a winter person and tend to sit around and stay in the house where it's warm. There's gardening, biking, walking, golf, taking my grandson to the park, etc. It's just nice to be outside moving, sure there's more BBQ's with food and drinks, just try to stay within your calorie limits or as close as you can.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I see no difference.

+2

I got to agree with Steph - you simply have to get into a routine. Some nights I have got back home late and I don't want to do my kettle bell workout but I just get my trainers on and simply get on with it. It's raining and I don't want to go for my walk - shame I gotta put on my plastic mac and do it or do swop and do my KB work out session = doing nothing is not an option. I know the consequences of not following my own plan - I gain weight. Sounds tough but you gotta do what you gotta do.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite. I have a harder time in the winter because I want those nice, hot casseroles loaded with sauces. In the summer I can eat more cold foods so it is easier to stay on track.

Me too. In the summer the foods are better and lighter: lots of water melon, mangoes, pineapples, etc.

In Winter, I am always cold and hungry, hence the weight gain.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Salads and sorbets
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    I see no difference.

+2

I got to agree with Steph - you simply have to get into a routine. Some nights I have got back home late and I don't want to do my kettle bell workout but I just get my trainers on and simply get on with it. It's raining and I don't want to go for my walk - shame I gotta put on my plastic mac and do it or do swop and do my KB work out session = doing nothing is not an option. I know the consequences of not following my own plan - I gain weight. Sounds tough but you gotta do what you gotta do.

What Kettle Bell work out do you do?
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    try on a bikini every day, lol
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I guess it's relative... Folks in the North are huddled up next to one another all winter long so when the summer rolls in... WE cannot wait to get outside and get exercising... where in the SOUTH... I suppose it's th eopposite... in the winter Y'all can throw on a coat and get out and actually do something... BUT when the summer hits... the heat and humidity keep you inside to avoid that oppressive infernal HOT and HUMID Weather... who can exercise when it's 90+ Fahrenheit with 200% humidity... heck going from your air conditioned car to your air conditioned WalMart is exercise enough then isn't it?

anyway... what's to MOTIVATE? you either do it or you don't.. YOU know what the rewards are... you also know what the consequences are... IF that ain't enough ... Then you just aint hungry enough for the changes you THOUGHT you wanted to make.