High in volume , low in calories?

Options
need some foods with low calories but still fill you up (snacks only)

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Raw vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower...
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    Raw sugar snap peas dipped in hummus (especially hummus made from black beans or lentils, which have less calories than chick peas)

Rolled up deli meat with mustard
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Egg whites and veggies.. It's what helps me stay around 2500 calories a day.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    These types of threads have been posted many times, you just have to read up on them.

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sugar

Private Selection - Belgian Almond Thins 18 3 1 0 0 1 You could eat 8 for 140cal. 1 toll house cookie is 90cal!
    Popcorn - Plain and Dry Air Popped Popcorn, 1 cup 15 6 0 1 1 0
    Kellogg's - Special K Moments Dreamy Coconut, 1 pouch 70 12 2 1 2 5
    Have you tried freezing fruits...some people really enjoy the cold burst...grapes, blueberries etc
    This is a cool treat using only Bananas!
    http://www.oneingredientchef.com/one-ingredient-ice-cream/
    This a nice treat for not very many calories:
    Sugar Free Gelatin Dessert - Orange, 1 cup 10 0 0 2 0 0
    Kraft Cool Whip - Fat Free , 1 Tbsp 8 2 0 0 0 1
    35 Cal Bread
  • tanyoshka
    tanyoshka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    popcorn! Eat until you pop < 200 calories.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    celery, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers.

most veggies will fit this bill.

then you can add cheese butter or dressing to get the right amounts of fat and/or protein you want.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Raw vegetables: broccoli, cauliflower...

^I agree!
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    nuts
  • MFPMol
    MFPMol Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    nuts

lol. nuts are like one of the highest cal dense foods you can find! they do have a lot of protein though but if you are trying to lose I would opt for other options like lunch meat and veggies
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Try the search feature in the forums. There are lots of forums about this topic and you can look through them all for ideas.
  • jjplato
    jjplato Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash and acorn squash. I usually mix either with an equal portion of cooked sweet pototo, and mix in enough chicken broth to get to the consistency of mashed potatoes, and heat in a sauce pan. Add a little garlic powder and onion powder, and spoon back into the sweet potato skins. Very filling, and very low-cal.

Oatmeal is also very filling. I mix 1/2 cup (uncooked) with 1 tbsp each of: oat bran, wheat germ (toasted or untoasted), and ground flax seed, 1.25 c water, and cook for 3-4 minutes. I'll have this for breakfast with 2 jumbo eggs (scrambled), and I'm totally full for 4-5 hours, and it's only 422 calories. The oat bran, wheat germ, and flax seed give it a great texture and taste, plus a good shot of vitamins, omega-3s, and anti-oxidants.

OK, technically not "snacks", but I keep this stuff in the fridge to eat whenever I'm hungry.