Free Cake At Work

Options
Give me strength!
Despite the sugar craving nearly dragging me out of my chair, I will eat my carrots and pout in my cubicle.

Because nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.
Except maybe chocolate cake.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would have eaten the cake... so good or bad for you, depending on how you view it. Most of the time, I just fit it in my calories.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'd skip the cake. It never tastes as good as you think it will.:smile:
  • xbrady
    xbrady Posts: 13
    Options
    But I want to drink wine with my dinner tonight ;( Wine>Chocolate... sometimes.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options

I've been skinny and I've had cheesecake. Cheesecake is much better than being skinny. I also know that long term success is not depriving yourself of things you enjoy, but learning to incorporate them as treats. Have a small portion and fit it into your calorie goal. You don't have to be miserable to lose weight.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I'd choose wine over cake, too. Unless it's really REALLY good chocolate cake.
  • Tla0126
    Tla0126 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 99% sure someone sneezed on it.
  • geekishgirl
    geekishgirl Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    We have cake at my work all the time. Or donuts, popcorn, whatever. All stuff I choose not to eat, but it's really hard some days. If it doesn't fit into your day, skip it and be happy with yourself for the choices you're making. If it does fit into your day then have a small amount. It's up to you, that's the nice thing. You decide what you're going to eat.
  • d0v3r13
    d0v3r13 Posts: 61 Member
    Options

priorities on POINT! :tongue:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Always wine > chocolate, at least chocolate cake.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I'm 99% sure someone sneezed on it.

And they didn't wash their hands when they used the restroom either..........
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    There is probably a hair buried somewhere deep in that cake too ...
  • xbrady
    xbrady Posts: 13
    Options

I've been skinny and I've had cheesecake. Cheesecake is much better than being skinny. I also know that long term success is not depriving yourself of things you enjoy, but learning to incorporate them as treats. Have a small portion and fit it into your calorie goal. You don't have to be miserable to lose weight.

I'm still getting used to this whole calorie counting thing. I feel like I'm making healthy choices, but the calories are still so high! I just need to figure out where to cut things out or find things that curb my appetite. And believe me, I'm insatiable.
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Is it good cake? Like, did some French chef come in and whip it up by hand and them flame torched a little creme brulee to go with it? If so, face plant into that cake! (Or, you know, have a small, reasonable slice.)
    Or is it some dry, grocery store cake or a "homemade" cake that someone made from a box that is most likely dry and cardboard-ish with icing that tastes sickeningly sweet because it came out of a plastic tub? If that is the case, don't waste your calories and stick to your carrots!
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    tumblr_mfnhw7Ap221qasthro1_500.jpg
  • congruns
    congruns Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I haven't had office cake, bagel, or donuts in over a year. I just tell everyone I choose not to partake at the company "trough", but everyone should feel free to help themselves.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I think you can take a middle ground: have a SMALL piece of the cake.

Avoidance: no cake.
    Indulgence: a big piece of cake.
    Middle way: a SMALL slice.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    And now it's time to plaaaayyyy....

CAKE VS. WINE!!!!

Ladies form your teams and the lightening round will begin shortly.

NO!!! There is no choosing... because wine helps wash down my cupcakes...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Is it good cake? Like, did some French chef come in and whip it up by hand and them flame torched a little creme brulee to go with it? If so, face plant into that cake! (Or, you know, have a small, reasonable slice.)
    Or is it some dry, grocery store cake or a "homemade" cake that someone made from a box that is most likely dry and cardboard-ish with icing that tastes sickeningly sweet because it came out of a plastic tub? If that is the case, don't waste your calories and stick to your carrots!

I like you.:flowerforyou:
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Give me strength!
    Despite the sugar craving nearly dragging me out of my chair, I will eat my carrots and pout in my cubicle.

Except maybe chocolate cake.

Chocolate cake always tastes better than skinny. Always. AND wine, and bacon. Glad I don't wanna be skinny anymore. Priorities. The office cake is a lie. Office cake always sucks. Always. Such a huge letdown.