Salmon Filet seasoning ideas

Options
Do any of you have tasty salmon filet recipes that are no/low carb and sugar? I've never cooked it before and it is on the menu for tonight.

Thanks!

Replies

• tskvaughn
    tskvaughn Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I use adobo seasoning and top with lemon slices to grill.

There are also some really good salmon seasonings in the seasons aisle. Paul Prudhomme's is one I have used.
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I usually cook mine in parchment with a little lemon pepper and a little adobo seasoning. I will sometimes put lemon slices as well. I then cook in the oven or toaster oven for about half an hour. It's very hard to overcook because it's steaming in the bag with all the yummy smelling seasonings.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Make a compound butter of

2 parts butter
    1 part sesame oil
    1 part lime juice

Mix with some chives (optional).

Grill or poach salmon to desired doneness. Put a pat of the compound butter on it. YUM.

My favorite way is not "no carb" because that way I cook it with a southwest spice rub and then top with pineapple salsa. Also freakin' delicious.
  • bingo_jenn
    bingo_jenn Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I do lemon, salt, and pepper.

I recently heard that mustard makes a delicious glaze on salmon. I haven't tried it yet, though.
  • fancyface1955
    fancyface1955 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've made it very tasty with some soy sauce and pineapple juice. you can marinade it in it and then brush it on while it bakes.
    I've also done it simple with just some Worcestershire sauce. that can get spicy/kicky if u like that.
  • dawnmitchell6766
    dawnmitchell6766 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    i mix soy sauce and garlic. Gives the salmon the saltiniess it needs.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Just throw some Tony's Chachere's on it...works for all kinds of meats.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle it with sea salt (flakes) and chilli powder and cook it in a Foreman grill - about 5 mins. Gives it a crunchy outside - moist and yummy, best of all - simple
  • Sallybally55
    Sallybally55 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Bump- greAt ideas!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I season with normal seasoning and mince fresh basil and lemon slices and grill it on a cedar plank. Comes out sooooo delicious and moist.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Bake or broil the salmon til almost done. Mix 1/4 cup soy sauce with 1/4 cup honey and a tsp sesame oil for a glaze. Glaze the filet. Then put back under the broiler so the salmon can finish cooking. Top with sesame seeds and enjoy.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Top it with steak.
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I usually do lemon pepper and garlic salt then sauté on a cast iron pan. It's not low sodium, but it's quick, easy, and very yummy.

Since it's your 1st time cooking salmon, be careful it's easy to over cook.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Too late for tonight but Williams Sonoma Potlatch seasoning is terrific on salmon.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Ginger Glazed Salmon

3 tablespoons agave nectar or sugar-free maple syrup
    3 tablespoons soy sauce
    3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
    1/4 teaspoon ginger
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    4 (6 ounce) fish filets
    1/8 tsp lemon pepper
    1 tablespoon canola oil

Directions
    1. In a shallow glass dish, stir together the maple syrup/agave, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, ginger, garlic and olive oil. Season fish fillets with lemon pepper, and place them into the dish. If the fillets have skin on them, place them skin side down. Cover, and refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.

2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish from the dish, and reserve marinade. Fry fish for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, turning only once, until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove fillets to a serving platter and keep warm.

3. Pour reserved marinade into the skillet, and heat over medium heat until the mixture reduces to a glaze consistently. Spoon glaze over fish, and serve immediately.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My personal favorite.

Ingridents:
    Salmon Fillet 5 to 8 oz each
    1 zucchini
    1/2 small onion - your choice of color
    Pepper
    Salt
    Dill - 1 tsp
    Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
    Rice White - 2 tbsp
    Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
    Water - 1 Cup

1. Add 1 tbsp of oil to pan. Slice zucchini and onion and put in pan and cook on medium/high until they are soft and then put on plate so you can poach the salmon.
    2. While veggies are cooking, combine water, lemon juice, rice wine in a measuring cup or bowl.
    3. And season salmon with pepper, salt and dill
    4. After you remove veggies from pan, reduce heat to medium, and all the ingredients (water, lemon, wine, and seasoned salmon) and cover for 10 to 12 minutes.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    cayenne pepper and smoked paprika - great taste, colour and zero calories. - Stick it in the George Foreman to reduce the calories from this fatty fish further, even though they are the good oils. The cayenne also helps raise the metabolism.
  • smichelle65
    smichelle65 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Marinade:

2 cloves of garlic, minced
    1 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
    6 tablespoons light olive oil
    1 teaspoon dry basil
    1/2 teaspoon sea salt
    1 teaspoon black pepper
    1 tablespoon lemon juice

Pour marinade over 2 salmon filets, refrigerate about one hour.

Preheat oven to 375. Place each filet on a small sheet of foil. spoon some of the marinade on top of the fish. Fold the foil into pouches around the fish. Bake 35-40 minutes.