Free Cake At Work

Options

Replies

• libster10457
    libster10457 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WINE! everyday all day ! lol =).. although i used to have a saying .."never pass up cake PERIOD" make sure it is worth the calories. Like the other day when i consumed a warm donut o_O. i will never have a cold/stale donut again. and it was for sure worth it. just make sure you are under your cals for the day and if not, go workout! but by all means... don't deprive yourself! will only lead to binge eating later! :happy:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    you know that the icing is going to be disgusting and WAY to sweet for your liking, you also know that you bought a stellar bottle of wine, and that you might have more than 1 glass. I struggle with this daily too. Most days I avoid it, but today I had a donut. I don't have a bottle of red waiting for me at home, and I'm still within my macros though lol You'll be fine, you're allowed to pout, just sit and eat your carrot sticks and think about how gross the cake actually is.
  • Tla0126
    Tla0126 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Is it good cake? Like, did some French chef come in and whip it up by hand and them flame torched a little creme brulee to go with it? If so, face plant into that cake! (Or, you know, have a small, reasonable slice.)
    Or is it some dry, grocery store cake or a "homemade" cake that someone made from a box that is most likely dry and cardboard-ish with icing that tastes sickeningly sweet because it came out of a plastic tub? If that is the case, don't waste your calories and stick to your carrots!

This is so true and something I've really focused on. I had that conversation last week with some coworkers when we had ice cream and cookies at work. I was GOING to have some, and then realized the cookies were oatmeal chocolate chip cookies instead of regular chocolate chip cookies. When I was eating ALL THE FOOD, I absolutely would have had it; now, I evaluate whether it's worth using my calories on, and it wasn't. The next day, I went and got a cookie with some ice cream that I REALLY wanted and fit it into my day and was perfectly happy!
  • Tla0126
    Options
    you know that the icing is going to be disgusting and WAY to sweet for your liking

No such thing as too sweet for MY liking. Just sayin'....

That really lardy sugary icing is the best!!! Vanilla preferably!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    cakeordeath.gif

and i can back that up with science.
    funny-graphs-cake-or-death.gif
  • Tla0126
    Options
    ^Ha!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Because nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.

I've been skinny and I've had cheesecake. Cheesecake is much better than being skinny. I also know that long term success is not depriving yourself of things you enjoy, but learning to incorporate them as treats. Have a small portion and fit it into your calorie goal. You don't have to be miserable to lose weight.

Truth.

Honestly, if it's sheet cake, I know I won't like it as much as I hope I will so I avoid it.

But if someone bought me a GOOD cake, I would totally eat it.
  • Charloo1990
    Charloo1990 Posts: 619 Member
    Options

I've been skinny and I've had cheesecake. Cheesecake is much better than being skinny. I also know that long term success is not depriving yourself of things you enjoy, but learning to incorporate them as treats. Have a small portion and fit it into your calorie goal. You don't have to be miserable to lose weight.

I second this!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    working in a nursery with lots of very little children, there is A LOT of cake around. today was one such day and it was brought in with the strict instruction it was for the staff only. my lunch break rolled around and i turned down a slice of the gooey, chocolatey cake and opted for a little cake-lollipop thing instead.

turns out the cake was over-powered with mint and tasted like mouthwash.

made the right choice i feel this time.

ordinarilly, if i want it, i make it fit.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    For me, cake is always > wine. Even office cake that is 9 times out of 10 just nasty. What can I say. I don't like wine unless I'm cooking with it. Same with beer.

Mixed drinks on the other hand ...

They'll beat out all but the really good cakes.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    For me it would depend greatly on the cake and who made it, etc. A lot of people at my office bring in cake and it's usually just some grocery store cake and I can easily pass on that. If someone brings in a moist, homemade cake that rocks, I'm having a small slice..but in my experience, an office cake that is actually good is a rare thing.
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    Ok, even though there are never any treats in my office, thanks to this thread, i now have a cake craving! Thank god i dont drink wine, else i would have had a craving for that too by now..Sabotage, you people :devil:
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    cakeordeath.gif

No, you said death!
  • InaraReynolds
    InaraReynolds Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Give me strength!
    Despite the sugar craving nearly dragging me out of my chair, I will eat my carrots and pout in my cubicle.

Except maybe chocolate cake.

In my office too, today!
    I have a serious addiction to cake, so I have to choose my moments wisely or else it will start the cravings back up again.

If it's just a run of the mill, regular but yummy sheet cake, skip it and have some gum instead. But if it's something unique, have a piece and keep it within a manageable calorie range for the day or counter it with some cardio.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    worst ... idea ... *ever* .....

"cat litter-box cake"
    draft_lens1999029module54455512photo_1251521247Kitty_Litter_Cake_Recipe.jpg
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Eat it, log it, use the extra sugar boost to go for a nice long walk.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    cakeordeath.gif

No, you said death!

"i meant cake."

"ohhhh alright...."
  • xbrady
    xbrady Posts: 13
    Options
    worst ... idea ... *ever* .....

"cat litter-box cake"
    draft_lens1999029module54455512photo_1251521247Kitty_Litter_Cake_Recipe.jpg

I don't want cake ever again.
    Thanks!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I would have eaten the cake... so good or bad for you, depending on how you view it. Most of the time, I just fit it in my calories.

This would be my answer, but he said it first.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    And now it's time to plaaaayyyy....

CAKE VS. WINE!!!!

Ladies form your teams and the lightning round will begin shortly.

NO..I don't wanna play!!

I insist on both, thank you very much.