Doctor's scale

Options
I have a dr. appt in 15 mins. I really need to go because of my headaches. I just don't WANT to go because I don't want to get on his scale. For some reason, their scales always shows I weigh MORE than my scales at home. I don't want to get discouraged when I see THIER numbers!!!!

Wish me luck!

Charlaine

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I have a dr. appt in 15 mins. I really need to go because of my headaches. I just don't WANT to go because I don't want to get on his scale. For some reason, their scales always shows I weigh MORE than my scales at home. I don't want to get discouraged when I see THIER numbers!!!!

Wish me luck!

Charlaine
  • mandakay
    Options
    No worries, just keep weighing yourself o your normal scale at home, and subtract the weight you lost from that scale. Good Luck!

mandakay
  • JoyceDoerr
    Options
    Good Luck!

Is your scale at home digital?
    I have a good old fashion dial scale. After I weigh at the doctors, I adjust my scale from the beginning "0" to show what the Dr scale shows, that way it isn't such a shocker!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I do not look at the scale at the doctors office, and I tell them I do not want to know what it says either. They respect my wishes. I look up, or down but not at the scale.
    Now if you are like me and weigh yourself in the morning, then you are going to weigh about 2 pounds, or more, LIGHTER then you weigh in the middle of the day.
    I am very sorry to hear that you are still haveing head ach trouble. Keep us posted, and we are all there with you dear!
    "DON'T LOOK INTO THE DOCTORS SCALE LIGHT!" :wink: :laugh:
    --Diann...
  • betterme
    betterme Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You don't have to allow them to weigh you at all. You can just tell them you'd prefer not to. They will respect your wishes.
  • memaw66
    Options
    Wow, the Doctor scale was actually 10lbs LIGHTER than mine!!! Too bad I can't use that for weigh in tomorow!!! ha ha.

Doc prescribed muscle relaxer, pain killer and anti-anxiety med due to all the stress I have been under the past 5 months. I really hope they help. I am so tired of the headaches.

Thanks everyone!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wow, the Doctor scale was actually 10lbs LIGHTER than mine!!! Too bad I can't use that for weigh in tomorow!!! ha ha.

Doc prescribed muscle relaxer, pain killer and anti-anxiety med due to all the stress I have been under the past 5 months. I really hope they help. I am so tired of the headaches.

Thanks everyone!

When was the last time you calibrated your scale? If it's digital, gently press with your hands to see some weight appear on the screen, then release. It should zero it for you. But don't move it afterward, or you'll need to re-calibrate. It it's a dial, find something you know the weight of (5lb hand weight) and make sure it registers as such, or modify until it is accurate.

I've never heard of a doctor's scale being that low, so you probably need to re-set yours! Great job!:drinker:
  • memaw66
    Options

Thanks everyone!

When was the last time you calibrated your scale? If it's digital, gently press with your hands to see some weight appear on the screen, then release. It should zero it for you. But don't move it afterward, or you'll need to re-calibrate. It it's a dial, find something you know the weight of (5lb hand weight) and make sure it registers as such, or modify until it is accurate.

The doctors scale was not the normal old fashion one where they slide the thing over. This was a dial scale. Maybe that had something to do with it. I will check mine at home though. Thanks
    I've never heard of a doctor's scale being that low, so you probably need to re-set yours! Great job!:drinker:
    P.S. Can you tell I don't know how to use this "quote" thingee?
  • noogiep
    noogiep Posts: 35
    Options
    Wow! I thought that I was the only person who weighed more at the doctor.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wow! I thought that I was the only person who weighed more at the doctor.

Nope! When I went on Monday, the nurse actually told me it was about 6lbs heavy! Now, please tell me, if they KNOW this, why not zero it?!?!?! Who are they trying to fool or discourage? I worked really hard to loose those six pounds, I don't want to see them back in my chart! :laugh: