New but not new!

Options
Hello! I have been using MyFitnessPal for about 70 days now and it is the longest I have stuck to any diet/exercise plan. Nothing fancy, just moving more and eating less. I am down about 23lbs I think my biggest struggle to date is all the aches and pains my middle aged body is going through. If my feet don't hurt, then it is my knees....and on and on. Also I really enjoy drinking scotch and it is hard to make room for that these days.

Dan

Replies

• Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    You can hit your goals. Work through the pain, it will slow down as you reduce the pounds..
  • 87Djones
    87Djones Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Based on my previous experience with my back was because one of the heel of my shoe was worn down. It put pressure on my knees to my back cause the off balance of me landing when running/walking. Stretch out more if you are not already to keep the joints and muscle lose. It is true more weight that comes off will reduce some of the discomfort. Keep up the great progress
  • ribye
    ribye Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can relate, 45 feet hurt, knees hurt, hips hurt big toe. Just not allot of fun but still out there everyday mainly walking and loosing so I think its worth it. I keep thinking if I loose enough maybe it wont be so hard on my joints to carry all that weight. so far nothing bad enough to stop me. I just edge up slowly increasing 5-10% a week that seems to be the level I can handle without breaking
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You have made it this far. You can do it !

Trying swimming or cycling if you need to take a load off.

Cheers

Gary