Free Cake At Work

Options

Replies

• giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    And now it's time to plaaaayyyy....

CAKE VS. WINE!!!!

Ladies form your teams and the lightning round will begin shortly.

I just made chocolate, port wine cupcakes. YOU CANT DEFINE ME! Muah ha ha ha
  • MeadowSong
    MeadowSong Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    IT'S NOT FREE. REPEAT AFTER ME: IT'S NOT FREE.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    There will always be cake and other fattening foods, so if you choose not to indulge every time there's an opportunity - good for you.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    you know that the icing is going to be disgusting and WAY to sweet for your liking

No such thing as too sweet for MY liking. Just sayin'....

That really lardy sugary icing is the best!!! Vanilla preferably!

^^^^This!

CAKE, CAKE, CAKE!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Office surprise treats are worth fitting in if they are actually something special (like for me, the cannoli that one person brings on occasion), but there are tons of mediocre offerings, not worth eating in lieu of some better dessert I'd actually bother fitting in. One reason I've mostly given up office treats is that they are rarely worth sacrificing anything else for, but back in the day I'd eat them (often when not even hungry, but an excuse to take a break and have a treat always seems nice) just because they showed up. And they showed up pretty often. I'm much happier saving the calories for something really special and delicious, than just fitting in something because it's there.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    once you stop eating sugar, you wont miss it.

and carrots have a lot of sugar. sorry
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I haven't had office cake, bagel, or donuts in over a year. I just tell everyone I choose not to partake at the company "trough", but everyone should feel free to help themselves.

well, don't you sound delightful... :huh:
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Wine > store-bought cake. Always, unless it's like Boone's Farm or something. Even Two-Buck Chuck beats generic grocery store sheet cake.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

Wine is definitely > carrots!
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I am a cake decorator at a bakery.. lol talk about hard..
  • LifeWithPie
    Options

LOL

Average slice of cake = 60 g of sugar
    Medium carrot = 3 g sugar
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I have nothing of importance to add here, only the topic made me think of this one time at work where one of my co-workers announced "free cake" located in the breakroom. I spent a short while drooling and thinking of what kind of delicious highly caloric monstrosity was in store for me, only to find much to my disappointment that this "cake" was actually a watermelon shaped like a cake and covered in icing and almond shavings.

I had a big sad, it was a very mean thing to do.

Oh and cake trumps skinny fo sho yo. I will jog an extra 10 min for cake.
  • LifeWithPie
    Options
    I have nothing of importance to add here, only the topic made me think of this one time at work where one of my co-workers announced "free cake" located in the breakroom. I spent a short while drooling and thinking of what kind of delicious highly caloric monstrosity was in store for me, only to find much to my disappointment that this "cake" was actually a watermelon shaped like a cake and covered in icing and almond shavings.

That's diabolical! They probably got the idea from Pinterest. Friggin Pinterest....
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'll spend about 200 calories on a hunk of cake. Depending on what kind it is. If you cut it small enough you at least get a taste :)
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat the cake today because I don't want to have to work that chit off later.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options

Watermelon covered in icing and almond shavings???

tumblr_m59ysnBoEP1qzwzeh_zpsb04bf44c.gif
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Today I ate free cake at work. I probably over did it really because they gave me smallish pieces of two different cakes which ended up being a lot more cake than anticipated. I ate it all. I added a run to my workout today and will add another tomorrow to even it out. Ain't nobody keeping me from my cake (unless it has carrots in it, in which case - ew)!
  • Desifreckle
    Desifreckle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Just think of me. I'm a cake decorator.

Every day at work I'm surrounded by cake. Icing. donuts. breads of all sorts. cupcakes. muffins. cookies bakes fresh out of the oven... and I don't eat them. :)
  • CanadianCountryGirl1973
    Options
    Not a big dessert person, so that really helps. But if it's something yummy, I'll take a slice the size I would give to a 3 year old.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My desk is right outside the restrooms and we have those super loud powerful Dyson hand dryers. So yeah, I KNOW who washes their hands.

Annnnd now I'm forced to Purell everything I touch at work. Cake tastes less appealing covered in Purell.