Silk almond and coconut blend milk

Options
I'm just curious I noticed there isn't any fiber, how is this possible doesn't coconuts and almonds both have a high amount of fiber? Why wouldn't their milk have any, does it just get filtered out or what? Any explanation on this would be appreciated thanks!

Replies

• fit_rox
    fit_rox Posts: 83
    Options
    The fiber is mainly in the fleshy (/fibrous) parts of almonds and coconuts. Almond and coconut milk is made after straining these parts away, thus the final product doesn't have any fiber in it.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the 'milk' is just water and almonds and/or coconut whirred up in a blender, then the solids filtered out. They add some vitamins, minerals and flavorings.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Unrelated, but do you like the way the coconut/almond blend tastes? I usually purchase the unsweetened vanilla almond but I've seen this at the store and wondered.
  • sharon_in_missouri
    sharon_in_missouri Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I mix almond and coconut water (from separate) cartons together for protein shakes sometimes. It cuts down the 'suntan lotion' sort of taste that coconut water reminds me of and leaves a hint of coconut - with chocolate protein powder it is yummy.
  • fit_rox
    fit_rox Posts: 83
    Options
    Unrelated, but do you like the way the coconut/almond blend tastes? I usually purchase the unsweetened vanilla almond but I've seen this at the store and wondered.

I tried it and I really like it. The texture is a little creamier and I personally like the hint of coconut in it.
  • cat_pro70
    cat_pro70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is the only thing I drink anymore when I need milk. It actually taste more like skim milk to me, and neither the almond or the coconut is overpowering. I use the Almond Breeze brand.
  • JordanElizabeth87
    Options
    Mixing those together actually sounds pretty good. How much of each do you use?
  • Tonydixon2
    Options
    Silk has a blend of the two I use to buy them separately till it came out, I buy the unsweetened and add my own sugar, the sweetened version just has too much. Thanks for all the quick responses guys makes perfect sense, I was always curious. Now, even without the fiber is it still a good digestive booster drink or nay?
  • Imadorkable
    Imadorkable Posts: 419 Member
    Options

I like it. I bought the original and use it for my chocolate protien shake. It taste like german chocolate when it is all mixed together.