Really craving a cinnamon roll

Options
But it's probably like 1000 calories... What should I do?

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Are you in a position to walk a mile?

You could cut it into four pieces, eat a quarter of it, log it at 250, walk a mile, log 100 calories against it, and 150 calorie splurge isn't that bad.
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    There's plenty that are not 1000 calories... find one... eat it... Enjoy... Done!
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    find a healthier option to make yourself. the internet has wonderful recipes out there for almost anything
  • notamoment
    notamoment Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Get IT!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Buy a small one? When I want some, I just buy the fridge packaged stuff, but my kids help me eat them.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    find a cinnamon roll that isnt 1,000 calories.

pillsbury grands with icing are 360 each.

one from starbucks is 420cals.

dunkins coffee roll is 400 cals.

or get the cinnabon one and split it in half.

you have options.

in the words of tim gunn....make it work.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    70022007790.jpg

About 300 calories per roll, if you're even-handed with the cream cheese icing and distribute it equally.

eta: Found in the frozen foods aisle at your local grocery (or Walmart).
  • Life0fbrian
    Life0fbrian Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    create one using brown rice flour :D im sure you can find something online to do that.

or come up with a substitute, downing a glass of water might help.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

You could cut it into four pieces, eat a quarter of it, log it at 250, walk a mile, log 100 calories against it, and 150 calorie splurge isn't that bad.

What mile burns 100 net calories when walking it?
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I made a "cold soup" last night in the processor of a banana and a cup of yogurt and threw a lot of cinnamon in it. It was sweet and tasty and more healthy than a cinnamon roll.

But shame on you for bringing cinnamon rolls into my head. ARRGH!!!! :sad: :wink:
  • yumgrrrls
    yumgrrrls Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon Roll Quest bar! 170 cal and not overly sweet (with, according to the wrapper, 1 g of sugar!)
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. I usually have to hit about 6 miles over the course of the day to hit 100 calories on my Jawbone. Even if I did it all at once, I think 100 calories per mile is a gross overestimation for most people.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    But it's probably like 1000 calories... What should I do?

You should find out how many actual calories are in it and
    1) work out a little to offset some cals.
    2) maybe cut in in half and have the rest tomorrow.
    3) maybe if you're over a small amount have less of something tomorrow.
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Thanks, now I want a cinnnabon. Fortunately my city doesn't have one
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself : tough ****, you arent getting it.:sad:
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    eat a quest cinnimamon roll protien bar! They are amazing! And high in fiber and protein! And only 170ish calories! :) I love them!!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

I was thinking the same thing. I usually have to hit about 6 miles over the course of the day to hit 100 calories on my Jawbone. Even if I did it all at once, I think 100 calories per mile is a gross overestimation for most people.

walking at 4mph, I burn up 100 calories in about twenty minutes. Per my HRM, per MapMyRun, per MFP database.

Increase your pace.

and to OP, just eat the cinnamon roll. Making yourself miserable doesn't burn extra calories, and is more likely to make you say, forget this whole thing.

Work it into your numbers.
  • jwooley13
    jwooley13 Posts: 243
    Options

walking at 4mph, I burn up 100 calories in about twenty minutes. Per my HRM, per MapMyRun, per MFP database.

Increase your pace.

I walk a 16min mile, which is awfully close to 4mph. The MFP estimates are notoriously very high, but plenty of people use them so I guess it's not a big deal.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Make them at home. They're not that bad. I use this recipe and it came out to 264 calories each and it makes 6. I substituted Betty Crocker whipped cream cheese icing because that's what I had.

http://www.crazyforcrust.com/2014/03/quick-cinnamon-rolls-small-batch/

Also they only take about a hour.

eta: oh, but the person who wrote the recipe doesn't know how to do the filling. Instead of her method, melt the butter and brush it on the rolled out dough. Then mix the cinnamon, flour, and brown sugar and sprinkle that over the melted butter. Less mess and tons easier.
  • ameliad87
    ameliad87 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    eat a quest cinnimamon roll protien bar! They are amazing! And high in fiber and protein! And only 170ish calories! :) I love them!!

Second this! They are really yummy!