I'm hungry *pout*

Options
Going to whine a bit here...please bear with me...

My entire support network is out of town this week: husband, mom, both babysitters. I work full time and I've got my kids enrolled in an all-day gymnastics camp 8:30-6:00 (mom guilt is strong this week). I didn't have time to exercise today and I'm going to be putting the kids to bed soon. On days I don't exercise I can only eat 1300 calories and I'm hungry dammit. Stomach is growling. Wah. :cry: 1300 calories is just too low but my weight won't drop if I go above it. I still have about 48 lbs to go.

:cry:

Thanks for listening.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    how much weight do you lose per week on 1300 calories a day? Also, if you open your diary we can make suggestion were you can improve to stay full longer and not feel hungry.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'd be starving too. You could try and average your weekly calories so you don't starve on rest days.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Sorry thought it was open. Open now. I lose very slowly -- like 2 lbs/month. I'm old (48) and short (5'3"), so I really don't need that many calories. But I am genuinely hungry right now and just felt like complaining about it! Lol
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    I'd be starving too. You could try and average your weekly calories so you don't starve on rest days.

ooo that's a great idea!
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Sorry thought it was open. Open now. I lose very slowly -- like 2 lbs/month. I'm old (48) and short (5'3"), so I really don't need that many calories. But I am genuinely hungry right now and just felt like complaining about it! Lol

Can you go into your settings and add fiber. Generally, I would suggest lowering carbs and upping protein and fats. Second question, do you use a food scale?
  • gardenschooler
    gardenschooler Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Are you up for some exercise? You could go do a couple dozen pushups, lunges, squats, burpees, etc., log the time as aerobic activity, and gain some wiggle room for at least a snack.

If not, I find drinking something hot (like broth or tea) really helps to fill me up when I am not able to consume more calories.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    Yes I weigh everything to the gram -- even vegs. With so little wiggle room I have to. Added fiber and sugar. Thank you for looking -- you didn't have to, I just felt like whining!
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    Are you up for some exercise? You could go do a couple dozen pushups, lunges, squats, burpees, etc. and log the time as aerobic activity, and gain some wiggle room for at least a snack.

If not, I find drinking something hot (like broth or tea) really helps to fill me up when I am not able to consume more calories.

That's a good idea -- I even have weights and a treadmill -- I'm tired but I really should do that...
  • gardenschooler
    Options
    And btw, 48 is not old! I just turned 45.
  • gardenschooler
    Options
    Good for you, but I can sympathize with being too tired to exercise, especially after a stressful day/week.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    olDER then...hehe...
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm full *fart*
  • gardenschooler
    Options
    I've heard even drinking hot water with lemon works.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    *shoves a brownie in your mouth* and over your calories...*smirk*
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    I've heard even drinking hot water with lemon works.

Heating up water for tea...even though it's 90 degrees outside.
  • kirili3
    kirili3 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Try to get in more protein. It does work, although I still get hungry sometimes. Think of something you want very badly that you can't get if you don't lose weight. It's what's been working for me these days.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    Options
    Try to get in more protein. It does work, although I still get hungry sometimes. Think of something you want very badly that you can't get if you don't lose weight. It's what's been working for me these days.

Yes, I try to get protein with every meal. Don't always succeed, but it does help. I've decided...after I put the kids to bed I'm going to walk on my treadmill for a bit so I can have some cottage cheese -- lots of protein! :)
  • gardenschooler
    Options
    It's 90 degrees here, too. The hot drinks seem to work better in the winter. Any chance you might be a little dehydrated?
  • gardenschooler
    Options
    That sounds like a great plan. I'm sure you will feel better after some exercise (to relieve stress) and a snack. Good luck.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Honestly, if you can add exercise so you can eat more, that would be the best and easiest way to be able to eat more. But adding some more fats and lowering carbs will help too. You actually do well with fiber. Personally, I aim for 30 to 50g a day, which you hit. Another thing you can do is look at other foods that are low calorie but help increase volume; egg whites and more veggies. You can have 4 egg whites at 100 calories. I generally do 4 egg whites, 2 eggs, onion and peppers (red, orange, yellow) and some canadian bacon with salsa (total calories is about 300) and that kind of fills me up. But if you cut out the egg and add more veggies you can keep it under 200 easily and that is a lot of volume. What I described above almost fills me up.