Really craving a cinnamon roll

Options

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Are you in a position to walk a mile?

You could cut it into four pieces, eat a quarter of it, log it at 250, walk a mile, log 100 calories against it, and 150 calorie splurge isn't that bad.

What mile burns 100 net calories when walking it?

I was thinking the same thing. I usually have to hit about 6 miles over the course of the day to hit 100 calories on my Jawbone. Even if I did it all at once, I think 100 calories per mile is a gross overestimation for most people.

walking at 4mph, I burn up 100 calories in about twenty minutes. Per my HRM, per MapMyRun, per MFP database.

Increase your pace.

and to OP, just eat the cinnamon roll. Making yourself miserable doesn't burn extra calories, and is more likely to make you say, forget this whole thing.

Work it into your numbers.

All of those report gross, not net, calories and overestimate. Walking 4 mph for 20 minutes is also 1.333 miles, not 1 .... 4mph is 15 minutes per mile. Nice try though.

.3 calories per pound lbs per mile net ... or about .53 calories per pound per mile gross

For a 200 lb person to net 100 calories requires over 1. 5 miles walking.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    i would just eat it and adjust the rest of week.
    th?id=HN.608034233907938044&pid=15.1
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    find a cinnamon roll that isnt 1,000 calories.

pillsbury grands with icing are 360 each.

one from starbucks is 420cals.

dunkins coffee roll is 400 cals.

or get the cinnabon one and split it in half.

you have options.

in the words of tim gunn....make it work.

Oooooh Dunkin coffee roll...now THAT'S what I'm talkin' 'bout!
  • Clho494
    Clho494 Posts: 1
    Options
    Cinnabon Classic = 880 calories
    Cinnabon mini = 350 calories
    Cinnabon bites = 105 calories each or 420 In 4 ct sleeve - take 3 friends and get a sleeve and a coffee
  • kcmcd
    kcmcd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I wanted an apple turnover for about a week and kept not getting one.

And then one day I got a four pack and ate them all in 24 hours.

Go get the mini.
  • rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I had one this morning that was about 500 calories but I normally eat the 90 calorie fiber one cinnamon coffee cakes that are good!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Are you in a position to walk a mile?

You could cut it into four pieces, eat a quarter of it, log it at 250, walk a mile, log 100 calories against it, and 150 calorie splurge isn't that bad.

What mile burns 100 net calories when walking it?

I was thinking the same thing. I usually have to hit about 6 miles over the course of the day to hit 100 calories on my Jawbone. Even if I did it all at once, I think 100 calories per mile is a gross overestimation for most people.

walking at 4mph, I burn up 100 calories in about twenty minutes. Per my HRM, per MapMyRun, per MFP database.

Increase your pace.

and to OP, just eat the cinnamon roll. Making yourself miserable doesn't burn extra calories, and is more likely to make you say, forget this whole thing.

Work it into your numbers.

All of those report gross, not net, calories and overestimate. Walking 4 mph for 20 minutes is also 1.333 miles, not 1 .... 4mph is 15 minutes per mile. Nice try though.

.3 calories per pound lbs per mile net ... or about .53 calories per pound per mile gross

For a 200 lb person to net 100 calories requires over 1. 5 miles walking.

eyeroll.

Yeah, I clearly don't know what I'm doing.

Please refer to my ticker.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself : tough ****, you arent getting it.:sad:

This is not a good strategy in my experience.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Nor in mine.

But what do we know?

LOL

Ahhhh I remember why I rarely venture into the forums now...........
  • turpenoid
    turpenoid Posts: 73
    Options
    If you really want a "replacement" for that yummy cinnamon goodness, here's one of my favorite breakfast treats that doesn't ruin the entire day. Toast 2 slices of whole wheat bread (or any type that you enjoy eating). Spread a thin layer of light margarine on each piece. Sprinkle both slices with a generous helping of cinnamon & stevia sweetener. (And if you have room in your intake numbers for the day, eat a few more slices! Why not, right?!)

Bread (2 slices, generic store brand):
    110 calories // 2g fat // 400mg sodium // 32g carbs // 4g fiber // 6g sugar // 8g protein
    Country Crock Light Margarine (1.5 tbsp):
    75 calories // 7g fat // 143mg sodium // 0g carbs // 0g fiber // 0g sugar // 0g protein
    **stevia can be around 3g of carbs depending on whether it's "in the raw" or not**

One Cinnabon Classic Cinnamon Roll:
    880 calories // 36g fat // 830 mg sodium // 127g carbs // 2g fiber // 59 g sugar // 13g protein

And if you want to eat the actual roll, go for it! Just do what other people have already suggested and enjoy yourself, be happy, and adjust back to healthier habits the next day. :) Best wishes!
  • glitznglamour15
    glitznglamour15 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Eat it! :)
  • dancinrascal
    dancinrascal Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    cinnamon roll quest bar...broil it for a few minutes....so good.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I wanted an apple turnover for about a week and kept not getting one.

And then one day I got a four pack and ate them all in 24 hours.

Go get the mini.

Listen to this wise advice, lol.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options

Nor in mine.

But what do we know?

LOL

Ahhhh I remember why I rarely venture into the forums now...........

It wouldn't work well for me either. If I want it, dag nab it, I'm gonna eat it. If I don't I will not be pretty later. NO food is off limits in moderation. And yep, every now and then I eat a cinnamon roll. Such yumminess!!!!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Have a piece of toast and sprinkle some cinnamon sugar on it. Better then nothing.
  • MsJ4subs
    MsJ4subs Posts: 1
    Options
    I usually brush my teeth or gargle using mint mouthwash when I am craving something sweet.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I had one this morning that was about 500 calories but I normally eat the 90 calorie fiber one cinnamon coffee cakes that are good!

Yes those 90 calorie cinnamon coffee cakes hit the spot! They are soooo yummy!
  • BDWhite72
    BDWhite72 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    find a cinnamon roll that isnt 1,000 calories.

pillsbury grands with icing are 360 each.

one from starbucks is 420cals.

dunkins coffee roll is 400 cals.

or get the cinnabon one and split it in half.

you have options.

in the words of tim gunn....make it work.

So many reasons I love this, the options, the name, this profile pic, the reference to Tim Gunn. Thanks for the laugh/smile.
  • crhnz70
    crhnz70 Posts: 4
    Options
    The Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with icing are 140 calories - http://www.pillsbury.com/products/cinnamon-rolls/cinnamon-rolls-with-icing

Here's the good bit. Put it in the waffle maker, cook it for 90 seconds, put on the icing and voila - heavenly breakfast treat :D
  • HereLieWe
    HereLieWe Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Eat half and calculate it into your daily calories.

For me, I have an ice cream craving. I bought a tub of ice cream, had 1.5 cups at 300 calories total, added a liberal dollop of lite whipped cream (30 calories), and ate that for lunch instead of a smoothie, which would have been the same amount of calories and not nearly as delicious.