Nothing Tastes as Good as being Skinny Feels...

Options
"Nothing Tastes as Good as being Skinny Feels"

True.. or False? and IF false PLEASE SHARE :) heh

So far, I'm thinking THIS IS TRUE TIMES A 100!!!!

Eating it = tastes good right then, yum yum (until its done) then you are not only sad it's all gone, but sad you ate it all.
NOT eating it = sucks so bad immediately, but then FEELS SO GOOD LATER!!! Go us Go us!!

Replies

• Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am going with TRUE!!! I love food but I miss being skinny and nothing is as great as that!
  • Simonscat
    Simonscat Posts: 249
    Options
    False.
    I sure love food. If it's healthy food and I over eat I feel normal and happy. However if it's things like Mcdonalds...processed foods, I feel rubbish, and I think the feeling is to do with the amount of fat and rubbish in the food ;)
    I could eat for Britain! :D
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on the day. For example, after school today I didnt care if I lost another pound ever again, I was grumpy and just wanted to stuff my face. For me this doesnt happen often, so I made my boyfriend take my to harveys, I got a veggie burger, ate a couple cookies, took a hot shower and did my insanity workout. Now I'm going to be over my calories and I'm a little upset about it, but it was worth the burger!

Tomorrow I'm sure I will be right back where I started and ready to lose a few more pounds lol
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    True and false.

Being slim will feel amazing.

But then there's chocolate cake...............................
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    nothing tastes as good as being skinny feels is a sentence that needs to be abolished, i'm so annoyed by it and YES there are things that taste BETTER than being skinny feels, or whatever.
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    TRUE!!!
    I would much rather feel the confidence and thrill of being thin/skinny/healthy again, than taste a few more french fries for a minute or two. I continually remind myself that nothing tastes as good as thin feels when I realllllllllly want that glass of wine or that order of chicken wings drenched in blue cheese dressing :) Sure,...those things are freakin AWESOME....but that awesome feeling isnt there when I have to put tight clothes on the next morning, or when I see the scale go up and up and up.
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I love food, but I gotta say, my health is more of a priority, and it paid off.........

I love being healthy, period

I miss some of those foods, Id be a liar if I said I didnt, but really, obesity kills, being over weight can ruin your kidneys, your heart, give you diabetes and high blood pressure, arthriitis, gout, and on and on...........

I love your post, nothing tastes as good as feeling thin, being thin and knowing you are thin................great post.........Lloyd
  • Kuisine111
    Options
    Losing just a few pounds makes me feel skinnier and improves my motivation to lose more!!:flowerforyou:
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I love food that's how I got to be fat. I still love food now that I've lost it. I've gained the ability now to control my consumption of what I eat now and won't 'pig out' on the food I still love.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My mom used that as her mantra and tried to make it mine. It is one of the reasons I have such a horrendous relationship with food, and with her for that matter.

So, no, I don't think it's true at all. Nothing is as good as feeling healthy and good in your own skin, regardless of if you get a treat now and then or not.
  • shaheerahs
    shaheerahs Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Definitely True. Being healthy and feeling good and confident about the way you look is going to be way better any food that I have ever tasted for sure!
  • msamcoates
    msamcoates Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I must say that somedays I want what I want, food wise and have to have it. Do I have regrets after eating it, nope. I just workout extra harder and get back to the normal. So it still taste good and I still get to be skinny, just more work.
  • annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    True and false.

Being slim will feel amazing.

But then there's chocolate cake...............................

I'm with you Zara!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    a minute on the lips, forever on the hips haha

but seriously would you trade that peice of chocolate cake for a hot body? of course you would...so yeah it has to be true.. i dont know one person who would would eat french fries if it instantly made them gain 50 lbs, because nothing tastes that freaking good, nothing tastes 50 lbs of fat good...

i know that one meal doesnt really make that much of a difference, but that is the point of the sentence, to pretend it does, so the next time you want to eat that cake, just imagen yourself 50lbs fatter the instant you eat it, it helps...[most of the time ;) ]
  • MissJodyMarie
    Options
    Ah, you only live once! Enjoy life, live it to the fullest and enjoy your brief time here on earth! I sure as heck don't want to live a life devoid of the happiness I get when I treat myself to some chocolate :). People who starve themselves aren't happy, they're miserable (speaking from experience!).

Don't get me wrong, I love the way it feels when I feel a little thinner than the other day, it feels awesome, but only because I've accomplished something. Everything in moderation, as my mum used to drill into me!
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Ah, you only live once! Enjoy life, live it to the fullest and enjoy your brief time here on earth! I sure as heck don't want to live a life devoid of the happiness I get when I treat myself to some chocolate :). People who starve themselves aren't happy, they're miserable (speaking from experience!).

Don't get me wrong, I love the way it feels when I feel a little thinner than the other day, it feels awesome, but only because I've accomplished something. Everything in moderation, as my mum used to drill into me!

I agree that people who starve themselves are likely not happy, but in the same sense, people who are unhealthy or overweight are likely not happy either (speaking from experience. I love the hypothetical situation offered above:

If you knew that eating french fries or chocolate (since that seems to be the food of choice today), would instantly make you gain 10 lbs, would you eat it? Maybe once or twice you would treat yourself, and then work hard to get those 10 lbs off....but chances are, if you knew that it would continue to add up, most people choosing to live a healthy lifestyle or trying to lose weight would opt out of the chocolate more often than not.

That being said, I dont think its healthy to completely deny yourself the occasional treat or "bad food". Thats why its not a diet...its a lifestyle change. I know personally, if I tell myself I CAN NOT have something, I instantly want it more, and feeling deprived just sets me up for failure.
  • SoldierWife99
    Options
    It depends...

...on how many Oreo's are left in the package!