Sugar Cravings.. :(

Options
Hey Everyone!

I'm near "that time of the month" and my sugar cravings are absolutely ridiculous. Like you wouldn't even believe how rediculoust they get, i want to eat everything in sight that has processed sugar in it. Does anyone have any practical tips on how to control sugar cravings, other than "try to ignore them" which doesn't seem to work for me around this time -.-

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I often find a piece of fruit or starchy carb (brown rice or sweet potato) will do the trick. My fall back is a piece of good dark chocolate. You are much more likely to savor it and make it last if if is a bit more expensive!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    fruit salad helps me and on the craving salty days i have pretzels in honey mustard
  • x0xerika
    Options
    i'm going through that right now, lol. i just watch my calories when i do eat the sugar, and i try not to over do it! i had a candy bar & box of nerds last night, but watched my portion when i ate dinner, that way i didn't go over my calories. i dont know if thats still okay to do? but i cant control my sugar craving either, so i just limit myself.
  • AbbyLu
    AbbyLu Posts: 29
    Options
    Frozen fruit smoothy? Use white tea instead of juice to eliminate extra sugar. Frozen strawberries and cherries are my favorite to add.
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Yoplait or Dannon Greek yogurt, I love strawberry and blueberry. If that isn't enough I add a hershey's dark chocolate bliss and I feel like I had a great treat.

Yoplait greek yogurt is 130 calories, but it has 11g of protein:) and a bliss has 35 calories, not too bad and seems to hit the spot:flowerforyou:
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I usually buy one guilty pleasure treat that week and break it up into 100 calorie servings and put in ziploc bags....I just grab one each day...it seems to satisfy my sweet tooth without me sitting down with an entire bag of gummy bears or reeses pieces :smile:
  • Sillybunni
    Sillybunni Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have to indulge around that time too. Sometimes a glass of skim chocolate milk works, or a banana (strawberry, blueberry- whatever) smoothie with a bit of chocolate syrup.
    Sometimes I do well and others I just have to satisfy that craving and then be done with it. One or two days a month won't totally sabotage me :)
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I'm with AbbyLu...I usually mix in some frozen blueberries and/or strawberries with a couple scoops of whey protein and water and I'm good to go. Sometimes I'll just have some raisins or a piece of fruit, or just chew on some gum...sugar cravings-->bye-bye!!!

:o]
  • jmec
    jmec Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    right this second I'm eating a full size candy cane. Only 40 calories. It takes a while to eat, gives you a minty taste in your mouth and I'm completely satisfied!
  • Becs_lil
    Options
    Try some fruit tea with a sweetener to stop it being bitter, its only like 2 calories and it'll get rid of your sweet craving.
    Or you could try a light hot chocolate like Cadbury's Highlights (or a similar alternative) which only has 40 calories, which is much less than a chocolate bar but tastes just as great :D
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    A beautiful, juicy honeycrisp apple usually does the trick for me! Stick to natural stuff...when you start trying sugar free this and artificial sweetener that it makes you crave more!