Miserable... lose lose situation

Options
I know I need to change my mentality, please help?

When I eat enough I am not happy I ate and am full but instead I am sad and guilty and ashamed (especially if I log all my binges)
When I am under my calorie goal I am not happy because I am either hungry or craving food.

It's a lose lose situation. I am finding it hard to go on.... Help?

Replies

• catmurray2
    catmurray2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I feel lately like I am going through the same thing as you are. But from what I see, you have lost a lot of weight and should be very proud of all your hard work!! :D I think it is normal for people to binge once in a while, I did it quite a bit today, I feel a little guilty, but life goes on and tomorrow is a new day to start over :) As far as feeling hungry, try eating more things that keep you full for longer like eggs, avacado, beans and things like that. Hope this helps!! Best of luck!! :happy:
  • missylectro
    missylectro Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Just having a bad day
  • suzieqcookie
    suzieqcookie Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i feel that way A LOT, unfortunately for me, i then get to "screw it" and binge for days
  • JEE2015
    JEE2015 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I think we all get into that weird 'funk' sometimes. Hang in there and make a better choices the next meal. You'll get your groove back honey!
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back on the wagon. I've maintained my current weight for about a year, so I'm happy about that. But otherwise, I'm miserable too.

I know the feeling about looking at the choices you made in front of you, in black and white, and beating yourself up over them. When I logged regularly and worked out daily, it was easier to see a binge and think "oh that was a crap decision. Let's do better tomorrow" and maybe go walk around the block. Not working out and not logging seems to be triggering the despondency for me though.

My point is: maybe do something to help counter the bad choices. Take a short walk, do some squats or situps or burpees if you're feeling adventurous. Do SOMETHING besides sit there and look at it. I'm a champ at sitting there staring at my lack of impulse control. Sure, it won't negate the calories. But maybe it will help you to feel more in-control of your decisions. Plus, you've got the added endorphin boost from the exercise. Good luck. I know them feels, and they suck. But tomorrow is another day to try and make better choices.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I think you're going to have to learn to make different food choices. 80% should be vegetables, lean meats and some fruit. 20% can be other.

Cut back on calorie dense foods like peanut butter and granola that don't tend to be filling. Fill up on lots of vegetables with some lean meat. Figure out what foods will keep you fuller for longer and you'll have better balance.

It's not a lose lose situation, you need to figure out the balance of filling for less calories.