Replies

• haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations!
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! How motivating! Keep going. I love reading such success stories.
  • fitbilldc
    fitbilldc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Fantastic post! I'm just at the beginning of my journey(for the umteenth time), so its always great to read about the success of someone like you who had the tenacity to stick with it. I used to compete in 5k's and 10k's and am looking forward to doing so again. Good luck in your upcoming marathon!
  • In_His_Image
    In_His_Image Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Looking for inspiration tonight, found it. Thank you! ♥
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful that you posted this. I just started my journey and you have given me such inspiration to never give up. Not to mention the fact that I have been worrying about macros and all the other stuff I have been reading but don't have any idea of what it all means. I have just started adding 30 second jog intervals into my walking *2nd week of walking* and I have been bitten. I love the high I get from my short bursts of jogging/running. I am slowly going to work my way up. I aspire to run a 5k this October as Halloween will be my 55th birthday. It will be a special present to myself. I can't say enough how much this post has helped me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Thank you for sharing this truly inspirational story. I am inspired.
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful that you posted this. I just started my journey and you have given me such inspiration to never give up. Not to mention the fact that I have been worrying about macros and all the other stuff I have been reading but don't have any idea of what it all means. I have just started adding 30 second jog intervals into my walking *2nd week of walking* and I have been bitten. I love the high I get from my short bursts of jogging/running. I am slowly going to work my way up. I aspire to run a 5k this October as Halloween will be my 55th birthday. It will be a special present to myself. I can't say enough how much this post has helped me. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I am glad that you enjoyed it and welcome to the beginning of your journey. It's an amazing one, so enjoy the process and don't just look for the end. I love the runner's high =)
  • sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, it's inspirational! Congratulations on your transformation. :flowerforyou:
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    AMAZING. congratualtions :)
  • Muzica1959
    Muzica1959 Posts: 206 Member
    Options

I am glad that you enjoyed it and welcome to the beginning of your journey. It's an amazing one, so enjoy the process and don't just look for the end. I love the runner's high =)

It is no longer about how much I can lose or how fast. Now it is all about feeling good and conquering those small goals like the first one of being able to actually walk a full mile. Now I do that with ease. I think the smaller goals give me much more satisfaction.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • JHPlunkett
    JHPlunkett Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    There were life events that I didn't try and subconsciously it had everything to do with my weight, I just didn't want to admit it. For example- I never kayaked until last year-- I said it was stupid, looked boring, etc. After I got outside my comfort zone, I loved it and realized that I would have NEVER done that when I was overweight. NEVER. So for me, it was admitting how much it stopped me from completely enjoying life at times.

I'm just getting started, but this hit home for me. I finally relented and went kayaking with my wife a few months back. Other than the fact that I was woefully out of shape and struggled with steering the &#*@ thing, I enjoyed it... but I realized that I would have enjoyed it more if I was fit and not obese.

Thanks!
  • turtlebeth
    turtlebeth Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Was feeling defeated when I got up this morning. Thanks for posting your story. I feel better and am inspired to continue the journey :o)
  • KaelaLee88
    KaelaLee88 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You are incredible! Congratulation to you on all your hard work! :)

Kaela x
  • yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You look INCREDIBLE and your story is inspirational.It gives HOPE to those of us struggling.Thanks you for sharing. I had a small moment of clarity earlier mainly because all of the other times I have lost weight I've done it fast for an event but this time I'm just taking my time and doing what I feel is right, I want to be able to run your story shows that maybe this is possible.
  • 2messy4life
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Thanks a lot for sharing it and being an inspiration to all of us!
  • mimi14fun
    mimi14fun Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work.. Keep up that moving its the best thing for you.

Why did I have to wait until I was over sixty to realize diet without exercise is futile. I had the wonderful example of my son who also lost almost 200 pounds, and yes he runs too. I recently was able to drop the "morbidly" adjective from the description of my body..

KEEP MOVING! and thanks for giving us all confirmation that it can be done.
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I'm a half marathoner too :flowerforyou:
  • trex107
    trex107 Posts: 5
    Options
    Awesome job:smile: I am new to this site but my journey started 3 years ago along with my husband we both decided it was time to get healthy. I to started out morbidly obese at 405 pounds and over the past three years with excerise and healthy eating I have lost 108 pounds. I am pretty proud of the fact that I did it with out any type of surgery or pills or shakes. I still have away to go but I knowI will get there
  • prettykimby
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. It's great reminder that this life is a journey - there are ups and downs but with perseverance and courage we can be successful in our goals. :) You look beautiful!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!