What makes us rebel and binge?

Options
My friend asked me what I was thinking when I binged today... I answered I was thinking "Screw restrictions, I'm gonna have what I want"... Then she asked me "Why did you think that?" and it took me a long time to answer... Then it came to me. This is about my freedom. When I am not free I feel like rebelling.

What goes through your mind? What can we do to prevent binging?

Replies

• Cookieman123
    Cookieman123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I look at it like I'm just hungry, and unhealthy food is delicious.
  • JonnyQwest
    JonnyQwest Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You have to get to the point that eating healthy tastes better than binging on crap food that makes you look and feel like hell.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    My friend asked me what I was thinking when I binged today... I answered I was thinking "Screw restrictions, I'm gonna have what I want"... Then she asked me "Why did you think that?" and it took me a long time to answer... Then it came to me. This is about my freedom. When I am not free I feel like rebelling.

What goes through your mind? What can we do to prevent binging?

I've had the same issue for as long as I can remember. I hated the idea that I couldn't eat what I wanted, when I wanted, and it let to some serious rebellious eating...and lots of weight gain.

I actually finally, after much failure, conquered this issue by just giving myself the freedom to eat anything I wanted, whenever I wanted, as much as I wanted. I cut the fear, the guilt, the shame, the moralizing of my food. The surprising result was that I finally learned that if I gave myself the freedom, I could quite easily start saying "OK, well if I can eat this whenever I want, I can wait until later". The answer isn't "no" anymore, it's just "maybe later".

This has changed my entire life, seriously.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    You need to work treat foods into your daily meal plans. Diet shouldn't mean deprivation, it should be a life long, sustainable eating plan.