Is there a decent beachbody program for bad knee sufferers?

Options
Hi
I recently started doing Insanity. Absolutely no problems for the first 5 weeks, then I went into month 2 and my knees gave up on me. I was really surprised I got so far as I have previously had 3 types of surgery for cruciate ligaments and cartilage problems. I've been resting for 3/4 days and the pain is still there so I'm thinking I may have to try something else. Very disappointed after getting so far and enjoying it so much, but there's not much I can do with this.

I was thinking about a weights program like CLX or P90X. How are these for bad knee sufferers? Anyone with experience? Like I said, I coped OK for the first month of insanity but the 2nd month just destroyed me.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    P90X isn't really a weights program. It uses weights sometimes, but rarely.
    CLX is basically resisted cardio. Not really weights.

As to the knee issues, I can't speak for CLX, but P90X has a lot of jumping around as well. There's an entire day based on plyometrics.

For myself, the biggest help to my knees was losing weight, doing back squats, and doing pistol squats on a bench. I used to torque my knee once a month. Now it hasn't happened in forever. A bad step recently that would have had me in a leg brace for a week, was just a minor pain.
  • joestasz
    joestasz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I should have phrased the 'weights program' bit differently. I was just hoping that there might be programes that have less intense and consistent plyo, which I think is what's wrecking my knees further!
  • jessa271
    jessa271 Posts: 67
    Options
    Try T25. All but 1 of the 12 or so workouts has a low (no) impact modifier. You can still get an awesome workout in without jumping and Gamma (the 3rd optional month) is almost pure strength. I really liked it. It was only 25 mins a piece, so I usually doubled them up.
  • Lennydamellon
    Options
    Team Beach Body will be releasing a program called PiYo and from the looks of it, it will be lower impact and gentler on the joints.
    http://www.teambeachbody.com/promotions/piyo-email-collector?icid=PIYO_EMC