Are you supposed to eat the extra calories given to you from

2»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Fooled me too!

ugh.

Edit.
    Aaron - at least the person's post we commented on has lost a whole additional 1 lb since 2010 doing it her way.

So anyone seeing her comment will hopefully check her profile and see how bad the advice was.
  • Why doesn't it tell me to eat them back??? As long as I'm over 1200 for the day it says nothing. Even if it's a negative number for net. If I eat less than 1200 for the day then it says to eat a minimum of 1200. That's the only time it ever says anything. Why does this happen????
  • heybales
    Why doesn't it tell me to eat them back??? As long as I'm over 1200 for the day it says nothing. Even if it's a negative number for net. If I eat less than 1200 for the day then it says to eat a minimum of 1200. That's the only time it ever says anything. Why does this happen????

You log your exercise?

Your eating goal go up?

There ya go.

Edit - did you manually put in the minimum goal for a sedentary woman with no exercise purely for nutritional needs - or did MFP assign you 1200?
  • I always submit my exercise. I have just noticed no matter what the calories remaining, or net says, as long as the calories eaten is over 1200 it never says anything to me about it. I'm just confused sorry.
  • heybales
    I always submit my exercise. I have just noticed no matter what the calories remaining, or net says, as long as the calories eaten is over 1200 it never says anything to me about it. I'm just confused sorry.

It doesn't tell you as in out right.

You are blindly eating the 1200 on non-exercise days because it says it right there as your eating goal - right?

It's assuming you'll blindly follow the 1500 calorie eating goal if you logged 300 calorie burn in exercise.

And except for how in the world a guy got 1200, if you follow the program method the way it is, it usually works well. Except people can shoot themselves in the metabolism by selecting a very foolish weight loss goal amount, which almost naturally is going to be faster is better in their minds.
  • carolynruthdav
    carolynruthdav Posts: 2 Member
    If I don't eat mine back I don't lose. I eat between 1400 to 1700 a day and have lost 14 pounds since starting back about eight weeks ago. I usually work out 5 days a week and then on weekends I may or may not bike. I'm not as strict on weekends either but as long as I'm losing and getting in shape I'm happy:)
  • joepage612
    joepage612 Posts: 179 Member
    You are meant to eat the exercise calories back but one thing i've noticed is that MFP says the amount of exercise I do depletes more calories than it should, in some cases. For example, the computer built into my elliptical trainer will say ive burned 150 calories and MFP will take my info and say ive burned 300. Make sure you know how many calories your activity has burned and do not trust the default that is given by MFP when entering the activity name/duration.
  • Mariachicat
    Mariachicat Posts: 311 Member
    I eat about a third to half of my exercise calories back.
This discussion has been closed.