I'm back again, but lost all my MFP friends. :(

Options
I just need a few more new, active friends. I took a bit of a long break, unfortunately and now that I'm back, my friend feed is pretty dead.

A little about me and what I'm doing:

I recently went back to the diet program doctor. I'm on a loose "bariatric" plan aided by Phentermine for 12 weeks and then no more pills. I'm hoping to be off of the pills within a month, however, with a high protein/low carb diet. I tried kickstarting without the pills, but I was miserably hungry. I know not to depend on them.

Anyway, today is Day 1. I have an appointment on July 9th or thereabouts to check in with the doctor and see if this is working for me, but I could use all the support I can get!

Replies

• Laraomari
    Laraomari Posts: 2
    Options
    I am back as well. Been back for a couple of weeks! Should add that I tried herbal magic for three months and due to travel for work found it hard to stick to. I am back coz when I used MFP three years ago I managed to shed 50 pounds with calorie counting and exercise.
  • Kakeslyn
    Kakeslyn Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I have no clue what a "loose bariatric" plan is. What I do know is that you can lose the weight eating healthy, without pills, and with exercise. I think you are smart to want to be off the pills asap!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • JEE2015
    JEE2015 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I agree with Simplydelish... Get on a healthy eating plan as soon as you can.

Feel free to add me too if you like.
  • tff95050
    tff95050 Posts: 1
    Options
    I Can use an Accountability partner... is anyone interested?
  • Jun3chw839
    Jun3chw839 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I totally am! Just got back into this a little over a week ago, and I can use some help staying on the wagon this time.... :)
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I credit this site for my ability to shed over 50 lbs a year ago! It's wonderful having support and getting so many ideas from different people. I have never heard of herbal magic.
    I am back as well. Been back for a couple of weeks! Should add that I tried herbal magic for three months and due to travel for work found it hard to stick to. I am back coz when I used MFP three years ago I managed to shed 50 pounds with calorie counting and exercise.
  • MissGeorgiaPeachy
    MissGeorgiaPeachy Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Poor choice of words on my part. Basically it's just high proteins and low carbs. I have a carb allowance not to exceed 50 carbs a day, buuuuuut I don't think that's going to happen. I know I can stay very close to that though for now. Eventually I could see myself kicking the carbs to the curb.

The pills are really a last resort. I started today with half a pill instead of the whole thing and I made it through the day so I'm considering taking no more than half so it's easier to ween myself off of them. I have Pinterest this time around as well and have found a lot of high protein/low carb recipes that look delicious! I think the biggest problem I had was eating the same things every day. I need to branch out.
    I have no clue what a "loose bariatric" plan is. What I do know is that you can lose the weight eating healthy, without pills, and with exercise. I think you are smart to want to be off the pills asap!

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I too am a returner, after an extended break of gaining. Can always use more friends and accountability buddies. :)
    Kim
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am back too. Just got adjusted to the stress of having a real job now, on shift night 12 hours D:

Add me!
  • annziexo
    annziexo Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey I added you, I'm new here and also looking for new friends to keep me motivated.