Here I go again! Need supportive friends.

Options
Several years ago I lost 40+ pounds and was totally in the zone. Then Hurricane Sandy hit and I got derailed (in my head more than because of the hurricane). I have slowly gained back the entire 40+ pounds and now I'm taking meds for diabetes, high blood pressure and cholesterol. Over the last 14 months I cared for my dying 51 year old brother until his death in March. It is now time for me to focus on me, my health and my weight loss. I realize that I am an emotional eater and need help with suggestions on how to deal with that. I need supportive friends to take this step with me.

Replies

• EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    'Walking down the only road I've ever known, like a drifter I was born to walk alone, I've made up my mind, I aint wasting no more time, here I go again' - sorry couldn't resist.

Bump to get you more friends :)
  • Creiddylad
    Creiddylad Posts: 27
    Options
    I'll be your friend Terri!

I only signed up yesterday myself and already I am starting to feel at home here.
  • terri1020
    terri1020 Posts: 38
    Options
    Creiddylad, I've been on this site before and it helped me immensely! I need this to work! Glad you're all signed up. Now, I'm going to the recipe topics to see some new ideas for meals. Good luck to you! You got this!
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Count me in. Starting over again as well and in a similar situation. Just found out my blood sugar is high and working on it with my diet. Would love to help you on your journey as well.
  • wknmom
    wknmom Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Me too! I lost 40 lbs two years ago, but gained 30 back while neglecting myself, caring for my Dad who passed away in February. Time to get a grip!! I'm happy to be your friend.
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm new here also, and will add you all if that is ok :) Many brains and motivation make for light work? Ok, I'm grasping for motivational things to say, but you all get the point right? LOL
  • rorieran
    rorieran Posts: 13
    Options
    I would love to add you all as friends - to me this is something I will need to be doing for the rest of my life....maintain...not gain! I need the extra push to log my food every day so I can see where I am really at!
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    sign me up to be friends! (i have no idea how to do that!) lol

maybe that's my downfall and having to start over so many times, not having friends on here!
  • Yellowbelly84
    Yellowbelly84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent.
  • shaheedsorathia
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm restarting again and for the final time till I meet my goal! Need motivation to carry on ! The more the merrier!!
  • Retropicker
    Retropicker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Boy oh boy, do I know this same road!!
  • 2014goal_
    2014goal_ Posts: 5
    Options
    Friend request sent :smile:
  • terri1020
    terri1020 Posts: 38
    Options
    Wow! I'm overwhelmed with friend requests! I see a pretty common thread too. It looks like many of us gained while caring for others. I consider that emotional eating for myself. In addition to diet, exercise and tracking, I need to figure out how to stop the emotional eating! Any suggestions?
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I've also lost a brother. Mine died in a drunk driving accident when I was 19. I'd love to be your friend and keep you motivated. :)
  • toniosmom119
    Options
    You always have me..... :)

xoxo
  • luckyroot
    luckyroot Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Another emotional eater - also a boredom eater! Need some motivating friends!!
  • leenied
    leenied Posts: 1
    Options
    Just joined myself and would love to lose 50 lbs. Would love to take this journey with you as I know I can use all the help I can get.
  • judy11351
    judy11351 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I too am an emotional eater, I lost my Father to cancer and then lost my Mother and Sister 25 years ago at the hands of my Sister's boyfriend. I had lost 60 lbs but when the 2 men came up for parole for one of the murders we wrote letters and it just brought that night back so vividly I went into a deep depression and stuffed my feelings with food. It is a constant struggle for me so any support is greatly appreciated.
  • Suznd75
    Suznd75 Posts: 37
    Options
    Hey Everyone!

I am on the lookout for more friends too!

Check out my profile and if you are interested, please add me as a friend. I love to motivate and support others!

Suz