Any musicians on here?

Options
Bradyns
Bradyns Posts: 22
What instrument(s) do you play?
What style(s) do you play?
Professional, amateur, or just hobbyist?
How long have you played for?

Myself:
Guitar, and a little keyboard.
Neoclassical metal, and classical.
Hobbyist.
6years.

Replies

• 6ronXtreme9
    6ronXtreme9 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    rapper,songwriter
    3 years
    hobby
  • fr053n
    fr053n Posts: 2,793 Member
    Options
    I like to sing, usually anything with a good melody. I have been singing for most of my life, but just as a hobby :)
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Tenor, I have been singing professionally for about 10 years; classical music, opera, oratorio etc. I play a bit of guitar and I used to play bass in a rock band in my youth, I still mess around with Logic Pro X for fun.
  • surfin_bird1981
    Options
    What instrument(s) do you play? - Sing, played piano for 29 years, guitar, bass and drums

What style(s) do you play? Jazz, swing, classical, folk and anything inbetween.

Professional, amateur, or just hobbyist? Used to sing professionally for a large Jazz orchestra, also used to play the piano and provide backing vocals as a session musician. I gigged up and down the UK for many years as a 20 something...I just sing and play for pleasure nowadays.

How long have you played for? pretty much all of my life (started piano at 4).

I have a Master's in Music Technology and acoustics engineering.

I have some bits and bobs here www.youtube.com/alexiscallan
    and some live stuff here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5eGxIDu5wA
  • steve0820
    steve0820 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    What instrument(s) do you play? Acoustic and Electric guitar, mostly acoustic.

What style(s) do you play? Rock, Classic Rock, Country, mostly, and sometimes some newer stuff

Professional, amateur, or just hobbyist? Hobby

How long have you played for? 10 years give or take
  • tamwins
    tamwins Posts: 22
    Options
    What instrument(s): Piano, Voice
    What style(s): Piano (classical), Voice (various: classical, jazz, etc.)
    I'm a music major so...professional (???)
    How long have you played for? Piano: 13-14 years Voice: 6
  • Elektrolyfe
    Elektrolyfe Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't play any instruments per say, but I do DJ mostly Electronic Dance Music, and I am delving into Producing tracks as well. It's a fun hobby.
  • P90XBowler
    P90XBowler Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    What instrument(s) do you play?

Bass guitar, electric guitar, Classical Guitar, Acoustic Guitar

What style(s) do you play?

Progressive Rock/Metal, Classical, Jazz

Professional, amateur, or just hobbyist?

Was a professional as I did do gigs in Canada and the US, had a cd on a record label, this was 6 years ago. Now I just play for fun

How long have you played for?

21 years now, I started with keyboards a bit younger but I don't play anymore so that does not count :D
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Soprano! I am a grad student in voice performance, singing opera :)

I have also played the piano since I was 7 and the clarinet since I was 13.

Classical mostly, although I was the music director and keyboardist for a production of RENT a few years ago. That was kind of fun!
  • express1975
    express1975 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Music, let me see, I can read both bass and treble clef, I play clarinet, some piano, some drums, some guitar, alot of bass guitar and some harmonica. I participated in competitions in school on clarinet and I earned my high school letterjacket in choir. I sang tenor.

I gigged in garage bands in my teens and 20's playing bass, drums and some singing/rapping. I cut alot of demos and I was mostly the lyricist in the bands I played with. I have played country music, regional Tejano (Texas) music, southern rock, metal and rap. What a weird mix.

I play as a hobby now, I share music with my 2 yr old son. He seems to have an ear for it.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    guitar, drums

noise

hobby
  • attosa
    attosa Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I play keys/synth for an electro rock band. Played piano from age 7. I play ukulele for giggles.
  • thump418
    thump418 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    guitar
    singer songwriter
    been playing since i was 12 but still an amateur
  • EBRE44
    EBRE44 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Guitar ( have a go on anything with strings though)
    Metal and hard rock
    Hobbyist but do some part time work in music stores/fairs
    4/5 years?
    Kirk hamett (metallica) is probably my main influence :drinker: what a guy! and Brent hinds of mastadon
    Any motivated people give me an add!! fitness is easier with people to support/ support you :laugh:
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I've been playing guitar on and off for about 10 years as a hobby. Lately I've got really into it again. It's sometimes tough to stick with because I don't know a lot of other musicians and the ones I do know are into vastly different styles than I am.

I play a lot of metal. I love to play speed/power/heavy metal but I enjoy writing doom a lot more. Lately I've really gotten into writing post-rock/metal stuff (influences god is an astronaut, fen, alcest, about tess)