30lbs lost in 3 months

Options
chasabi
chasabi Posts: 8 Member
I've never done one of these but I'm proud of my weight loss so far. I've inspired a lot of my friends to start making a change in their life so hopefully this will inspire you too.

I started on MFP around 2 years ago. I was around 250lbs (almost 18 stone). I managed to lose a bit of weight and got down to 240lbs but then stayed there until March this year.

Just before Christmas 2013 I'd split up with my girlfriend. We'd been together for 8 and a half years. I had a few months of partying before I decided I needed to do something about my appearance. I joined a gym and started eating a protein based diet. I go to the gym 3 times a week and do the same full body workout using free weights followed by 15 minutes of HIIT on the treadmill. I also walk my dog, Reggie, everyday for between 30-60 minutes.

The 2nd picture was a Facebook post showing off my ridiculous sunburn after only a day in the sun at the weekend. I didn't realise how much slimmer I looked until people started commenting on the Facebook post.

fc5d2073-0a95-4908-9651-9519a46b6b15_zps7714b97b.jpg

Replies

• gmove
    gmove Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    your posture has also greatly improved. good going!
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Great work! And ouchy @ the sunburn lol :)
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Great results! Ouch!
  • chasabi
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

I also forgot to add that I drink at least 2L of water a day and usually 1 or 2 cups of green tea. You get used to the vile taste after a few weeks!!
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great! & nice t-shirt burn :tongue:

I was just thinking today that I need to up my game. I started MFP a couple of years ago and lost 22lb until my birthday hit this May, now I've put 4lb on and my mind, weight and diet has gone to sugary s***e!

Anyway enough about me, you have given me hope that I can get back on track and DO THIS!! :drinker:
  • blackizbutiful
    blackizbutiful Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    wow...serious body transformation. Congrats on your results
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    great job , good amount of change for 3 months. did you take measurements or just the weight as that looks like a lot of belly inches have vanished

top stuff
  • janicerwagner
    Options
    Great work. I really appreciate your willpower. I am also trying to lose my weight. I started dieting and stopped having non vegetarian food. I started exercise also from last month onwards. But many suggested me to do liposuction. I am not aware about these kind of surgeries. But recently in the site "theplasticsurgerypost" I read that fat injection will help to maintain youthful look..Anyone know more about this?
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!
  • chasabi
    Options
    great job , good amount of change for 3 months. did you take measurements or just the weight as that looks like a lot of belly inches have vanished

top stuff

Thanks. I took measurements around my stomach (across the belly button), around my chest (across the nipples) and around my waist/hips (just below where me jeans/pants usually sit).

Stomach (inches) started 44.5 - Now 38
    Chest (inches) started 43 - Now 41
    Waist (inches) started 45 - Now 40

For consistency I weigh and measure every Wednesday morning. The measurements are a good motivation. Some weeks I've been looking forward to losing a few pounds only to step on the scale and find I've only lost half a pound. It can be discouraging but if you've lost an inch around the stomach and half an inch around the waist too, it keeps you motivated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!