People making fun of you for pushing yourself to the max

Options
I did aqua zumba the other day, and I will push myself as hard as I can, to max calories burned and get good cardio as well as resistance from water, but have had people laughing about it, and it really pips me off..I have busted my butt to get in better shape, and feel amazing, why the haters..just feels better to vent..anybody else have to deal with this?

Replies

• BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    i cant say that i have, but that just shows how much effort they put into things if they laugh at someone going all out
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    well keep doing what you're doing if you are having fun and working hard that's all that matters.

That being said- watching someone do aqua zumba would probably amuse me also. Esp if they were going ham. I wouldn't be judgey about it- but I am not going to say I wouldn't be amused about it.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Have somebody shoot some video of you next time you go all out. There might be a reason for the chuckles directed at your activity. Sometimes pushing to the max creates a situation where form deteriorates to the point of flailing. Most of us have seen it ... the person running with arms and legs in egg beater mode ... the swimmer just splashing away but thinking they're going hard ... the calisthenics that look more like a seizure than exercise ... and if you fall in that category, step back and laugh along with the others. Life is too short to take everything seriously.
  • doodie1969
    doodie1969 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies..I work very hard to keep good form when doing class..I just look at it as a way to maximize my results. I love the class, so don't really care if they laugh, just wondered if anyone else had to deal with people like that.
  • doodie1969
    doodie1969 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a pretty happy go lucky kind of girl..just wondered if anyone else had to deal with this issue. I am really focused while doing it, so it could be my face too..I have a blast doing it, and it is an awesome workout..so no worries
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I am a pretty happy go lucky kind of girl..just wondered if anyone else had to deal with this issue. I am really focused while doing it, so it could be my face too..I have a blast doing it, and it is an awesome workout..so no worries

Does it really matter? They don't live your life, nor have to answer for you if you have health issues? My opinion is that you're over sensitive. Who cares, just do your thing you're doing great.
  • vlatkodimitrov
    Options
    http://www.naturalnews.com/quotes/Quote-Ignore-Laugh-Fight-Win.jpg

Just remember this, and you're set. Additionally, just recognize the feeling you're getting and get comfortable with it. Remember, the stress you're feeling, it's your body trying to help you - so stop feeling anxious about feeling anxious. (An amazing TED Talk on this issue - http://www.ted.com/talks/kelly_mcgonigal_how_to_make_stress_your_friend ) .