Daily Allowance for Carbs, Fats, Protein as well as Cals

Options
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well with MFP.

I'm new to this and I'm struggling to find an even balance to make sure I get the right amount of Protein, Fat & Carbs with my calories

Based on what I've already had for breakfast, lunch, some snacks, what I've planned for dinner, i've already used up my daily allowance of Protein but still have 67 for Carbs and 25 for Fats, any suggestions would be really appreciated :-)

Replies

• mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Well protein is set pretty low on here so you can adjust that. Go to My Home -> Goals -> Change Goals -> Custom -> change protein to 25% or even 30%. I have mine set at 25% for now until I start exercising more and need more.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    healthy fats - NUTS! snack on em. add them to oatmeals, yogurt, cottage cheese, basically anything - nuts are your friend!

But yes, the settings on here are wacky and protein is quite low, so I wouldn't worry too much. If you are around your cal goal and you are watching your sodium, fiber and water, you should be fine!

Meag
  • sx51alx
    sx51alx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi

Thank you so much for responding, the nuts seem to be a popular option and I do like them, so looks like I'll have to nip out to the shops tomorrow :-)

I thought you had to achieve all the numbers allocated which was really confusing me, I have so many calories left at the end of today which obviously isn't good.

I'm very suprised to see how much food has protien in it which I wouldn't expect, i.e. tangerines & mushrooms, really surprising.

I still have quite a few point left on my fibre, carbs and fats.

I do make sure i drink plenty of water, around 2 - 2.5 litres a day.

How can I keep an eye on the level of salt/sodium? I don't seem to have it on my daily plan :-/

Thanks guys and good luck :-)

Michelle
  • lmvolk
    lmvolk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about going over on protein or carbs, as long as I don't go over on fat or sodium. If you get extra fiber, that's a good thing too
  • lmvolk
    lmvolk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Go to your food diary and click on settings to customize which nutrients you track. Also you can click on reports at the bottom and get a more comprehensve breakdown of different vitamins, minerals etc.
  • sx51alx
    sx51alx Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi

thank you so much for the information, i really appreciate :-)

I've now got showing, Calories, Carbs, Fat, Sugar, Sodium & Iron. Not sure which are the best ones to list as you can only select so many

shame we can't list all of them hey :-)

hope you're doing well on yours :-)