Dr. Oz Grilled by US Senate on Weight Loss Scam Endorsements

Options
Democratic Senator, Claire McCaskill to Dr. Mehmet Oz:
"The scientific community is almost monolithic against you in terms of the efficacy of the products you called 'miracles'... You are melding medical advice, news, and entertainment in a way that harms consumers."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/17/health/senate-grills-dr-oz/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

Watch all three video clips embedded in that report. He looked quite embarrassed.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    omg BUMP BUMP BUMP FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BUMP x 1 000 000!!!

FINALLY! Maybe people will stop and realize that not everything you hear on TV is true!

PS - it would have been wonderful to hear how many "miracle cures" oz has advertised to date, just for weight loss.
  • skyeny
    skyeny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Saw him on cnn today while running on the treadmill... wanted to punch him in his face when he was smiling in court. He should be crying and apologizing, not insisting on the fact that he believes in miracle pills and saying that he tried them on his family... He really thought that even the judge was an idiot?...
  • marquishagetaka
    Options
    Someone needs to do something, every other week, he has some new product he is pushing. Mom goes out and buy whatever that dude says work.....uggghh.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options

Watch all three video clips embedded in that report. He looked quite embarrassed.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As well he should be. If it walks like a quack and quacks like a quack . . .
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    He's a huckster and I hope this is only the first step in going after him.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    I, for one, enjoyed watching him squirm and back pedal. I'm also kind of glad women senators went after him - he definitely hawks his wares to a mostly female audience. What a tool.

0.jpg
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    I commented on the other thread about this so I'm just here to bump because I want as many people as possible to see this article :drinker:

Thanks for sharing!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I saw this on CNN yesterday and thought to myself "Finally....."
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Now if only his show will get cancelled!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

I'm sure that's on its way! First sponsors will pull out from it...
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I, for one, enjoyed watching him squirm and back pedal. I'm also kind of glad women senators went after him - he definitely hawks his wares to a mostly female audience. What a tool.

0.jpg

It's all so delicious, isn't it? :laugh:
  • SueSlick
    SueSlick Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Saw him on cnn today while running on the treadmill... wanted to punch him in his face when he was smiling in court. He should be crying and apologizing, not insisting on the fact that he believes in miracle pills and saying that he tried them on his family... He really thought that even the judge was an idiot?...

Here's the thing, and trust me I'm NOT defending him, I think that personally he DOES believe in a lot of the junk he pushes.

Not saying that it works, I'm just saying he believes in a lot of dumb, debunked, scam artist type ****. He believes in all that ayurvedic medicine, Reiki (healing people with massage or just waving your hands over them), alternative medicine garbage.

Because he's not really a brilliant doctor out to fool everyone, he's a good looking tv pitchman with an empty head who is perfect at being propped up and used to sell crap.

^ this. I think you hit the nail on the empty head!
  • kethry70
    kethry70 Posts: 404 Member
    Options

I sure hope so!
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I saw this on CNN yesterday and thought to myself "Finally....."

Same here. Hope his show gets cancelled.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    He's a snake oil salesman and a quack and I'm so happy someone finally called him out. There is no magical pill for weight loss. None of us would be here if there were.
  • silver_arrow3
    silver_arrow3 Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options

0.jpg
    I just loved his face.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    If only the title had simply been: Dr. Oz Grilled it would have been like Chrismas in June. Alas, his doucebaggery continues along with his breathing...
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Let's see... Green Coffee Beans, Raspberry Ketones, Carcina Gambogia..... and then he stands there and says that was all without his permisssion..... Yeah right..... How much money does the guy make??
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options

You said "pull out" - :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously showing this to a coworker!!