Any vegetarians? How do you get enough protein?

Options
13»

Replies

• fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm a Pescatarian also! Feel free to add me.

Typically I eat things like eggs, oatmeal, protein shake and greek yoghurt for breakfast. Fish, tofu or legumes as a main sure of protein at lunch and a meat substitute like Quorn or Soya meat at dinner.

I also eat greek yoghurt and almond butter to nuts every day as snacks.
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    Nevermind.....
  • LB2812
    LB2812 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I skimmed, so this has probably already been covered, but beans is the easiest thing to add to your meals in my opinion to up your protein a bit. Beans, nuts, nut butters, hummus, tofu, tempeh, seitan, soy milk, soy/alternative "meat" products, etc. are all good sources of protein as well as whole grains and veggies. For me personally, I find I need around/at least 60 grams a day to not be hungry and I typically don't have a problem meeting that so long as I plan ahead. If you eat dairy, eggs, or seafood those will all help too, though dairy tends to also be hight fat for less protein (if that's an issue). I try to split up my protein and have some with each meal so I'm not hungry. I usually start my day with tofu or eggs with cheese & a carb, lunch might be bean chili, a hummus sandwich, a hearty salad, etc. and dinner the same - veggie burger, bean burrito, etc. If my meal is too heavy on carbs, I end up hungry. My diary is open and I'm always up for new friends, though I'll admit my diet hasn't been the best lately!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    You don't need much protein it depends on your goals. I have been working ton strength and gaining lean muscle and I get 80-120 grams of protein daily. It's easy to add in a protein shake to add 20+ grams of protein.