S.B.F Challenge.....August 18

Options
Carrie6o6
Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
Good morning!! I've been up since 6:00am. Today I am working a double, from 7am-1pm and then from 4pm-12am. I wont be exercising. I am hoping to stay with in my cals. I am going to pack myself some food. On yesterdays challenge I told you how I want to make it 2 weeks without binging or going over my cals so October first (isnt that when this ends?) I told my husband that and he said if I can make it (he will be checking this diary to make sure haha) he will buy me the salon hair straightener I want!! Im super excited for it!! :bigsmile: We always play little games like this and thankfully I always win hahaha Really excited to see how it all goes!

Hope you all have a great day! :smile:

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Options
    Good morning!! I've been up since 6:00am. Today I am working a double, from 7am-1pm and then from 4pm-12am. I wont be exercising. I am hoping to stay with in my cals. I am going to pack myself some food. On yesterdays challenge I told you how I want to make it 2 weeks without binging or going over my cals so October first (isnt that when this ends?) I told my husband that and he said if I can make it (he will be checking this diary to make sure haha) he will buy me the salon hair straightener I want!! Im super excited for it!! :bigsmile: We always play little games like this and thankfully I always win hahaha Really excited to see how it all goes!

Hope you all have a great day! :smile:
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    You can do it, Carrie! :drinker:

Today's plan....
    Shred Level 2 + walk (or stationary bike)
    Lots of water

I'm heading to school to work on getting my classroom ready, so I packed a healthy lunch and snacks. This will be good practice for getting back in the groove of working after having the summer off.

Have a great Monday! :smile:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,
    Well I kind of feel like a dork although I probably don't need to. It turns out I'm not pregnant after all. I WAS last month, hence the reason the test showed positive ten days ago: left over hormones. I took a test this morning and it was negative. I am sad because I know I was pregnant and did miscarry, but relieved that I am not miscarrying again. I jumped the gun on taking the second test. I was "late" so I did it.
    Anyway, I got off track with my eating because thinking I was pregnant, I was not going to eat just 1200 cals. I blew it last week. Big time.
    So I am starting over with my calorie tracking today. I do not know if I will work out other than doing push ups because AF is being mean this time around due to last month.
    Goals for this week: get back on track, eat right,( except maybe when my hubby gets home and we go to Red Robin ha ha!), do my push ups, drink my water, start the 30 Day Shred DVD.
    Once I get off track like this I have a really hard time getting motivation back up to start again. So here's to a new week!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good Monday morning all! Had my daughter-in-laws baby shower yesterday. Baby is due in three weeks-I can hardly wait. My first granddaughter! :heart:

I started Turbo Jam Sculpt today. My husband is really getting on my case about my "bones sticking out" so I won't tell him that I'm still gonna lose these last two pounds but I did tell him that I totally intend to keep exercising so that I can enjoy eating more. He actually told me that I went from one extreme to the other & I didn't see a compliment in there anywhere:mad:

Healthy Happy Monday everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Carrie - love the pics you put up! but, um, your missing a month. Sept 1st is in two weeks.
    MM - I'm sorry, it must be an emotional roller coaster.

So, you must look at the ultimate cuteness of Flapjacks - pictured left. It's a great book he's eating, btw.

I divided up my weekly exercise minutes yesterday and I could be developing a problem :laugh: :huh: . I averaged almost 2.5 hours per day. I'm doing at least 3.5 hours today (2.5 hours of teaching yoga, 1 hour weights) - so how much is too much? I'm not sure. I'm still considering getting group exercise certified. Yesterday, for the day off, I walked a little over an hour. I guess I need to find a balance between exercising to eat (I average around 2000 cal/day) and exercising for fun and profit.

Have a great workout today!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is bikram, and I just finished an hour of housework. Also, I'll get a short walk in today (going to dinner and back).

Also, I have company coming over tomorrow, so I'm spending more time at the gym in order to burn off my cooking. (I'm seriously contemplating making a carrot cake, which although my recipe is high-fibre it's still pure evil and involves cream-cheese icing.. . .I could never understand "low-fat/substitute ingredient baking". . .but that's just my pastry chef past creeping in. . .I want it to be worth the calories involved, which for me. . .involves butter.)

That picture just kills me, Mary. I find I'm averaging at least 1.5 hours of gym time, and then walks, etc. . .I can't figure out how to put a day off into my schedule, without doubling up and having a three hour day before it. Everything I have is pretty inflexible, schedule-wise. . .I think I'm just going the "listen to the body" route and when my body is saying "Day Off!!!!" to me, take one. (of course making sure it's not allowed to say that every day.:wink: )

Happy exercising!:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys amaze me! At most I get an hour and a half of exercise in a day.
    Mary, I love your kitty - at least he has good TASTE in books! :laugh:

I messed up because I forgot that I couldn't work out tonight (going to a cooking class with my hubby, yay) - and I didn't work out yesterday or this morning! :embarassed: I often take the weekends off (my goal is 5x/week), but I considered running yesterday... and then I didn't do it! So tomorrow will be a big day for me - I am going to try running for 20minutes on the treadmill, and then another 20-30 walking or elliptical. And I start my 100 pushup challenge over again, doing regular-style pushups this time instead of on my knees.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    Sorry to disappear, but back to work for pre-season (14+ hour days for two weeks). When ever I have had time off, I throw on workout clothes and hit the track & weight room. I am proud to announce that I ran 10 miles on Friday!!!! :noway: I never thought I'd be back up to this kind of mileage, but I have rediscovered my passion and the joy of pounding the pavement now that my weight is down. My reward is a new pair of trainers (on their way!!!)

I leave thursday for the competition. I will post a new "after" picture as soon as I can. I don't recognize myself on the outside or from inside. You guys have been so motivational and a source of strength when I wanted to give up. I am a new, happier, healthier person. Thank you! :flowerforyou:

Finally, I have a favor to ask. Would you vote for me in an online poll? Pleae go to www.tftj.com/News/Polls.htm and vote for me: Arianne Davis, North Carolina's 20s... you don't have to vote for anyone else (unless you want to, which will decrease my chances at the prizes). Feel free to forward to anyone & everyone in your address book!

I will check in next week after I return. Keep up the great work!
    Arianne :happy:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Carrie - love the pics you put up! but, um, your missing a month. Sept 1st is in two weeks.
    MM - I'm sorry, it must be an emotional roller coaster.

Yes I keep thinking next month is October for some reason haha