Today's the day...

Hi all!

I dropped about 12 lbs using MFP ... the most healthy 12 lbs I've ever lost. I took a week "off" - went out for drinks with friends, had cheesy omeletty breakfasts, etc etc. I still kept my activity level up (i.e. taking the metro as little as possible while running 4 days this week) and was vaguely mindful about the amount I was putting in my mouth (a habit MFP has taught me well!). But i general i wasn't running to MFP after every meal :tongue: But I've got a goal to face.

I'm 22 and today's the first day of my last 15 lbs. I want this to happen, and I don't care how many months it takes (I'm aiming for 4 or even 5...). If you have any advice or encouragement, I'd love to hear it! Is any one else standing on the next highest diving board, about to take the plunge?

I've decided on some week 1 goals to get myself back on track:
- I will run at least 5K 4 times this week
- I will do daily crunches, lunges, and pushups
- I will track all food items to stay within daily calories
- I will up my water intake! Herbal tea over night time snacks.
- I won't allow this crazy, hectic, transitional period in my life lead to more bad habits triggered by emotions.
- I will floss! Daily! hahaha

If i lose 1 lb a week, I'd be happy, but am expecting more like half a pound. I will weigh myself and take measurements on Wednesday and go from there.

Thanks for reading MFPers! And a happy Monday to you!

Replies

• kc_lea
    kc_lea Posts: 65 Member
    Hi all!

I dropped about 12 lbs using MFP ... the most healthy 12 lbs I've ever lost. I took a week "off" - went out for drinks with friends, had cheesy omeletty breakfasts, etc etc. I still kept my activity level up (i.e. taking the metro as little as possible while running 4 days this week) and was vaguely mindful about the amount I was putting in my mouth (a habit MFP has taught me well!). But i general i wasn't running to MFP after every meal :tongue: But I've got a goal to face.

I'm 22 and today's the first day of my last 15 lbs. I want this to happen, and I don't care how many months it takes (I'm aiming for 4 or even 5...). If you have any advice or encouragement, I'd love to hear it! Is any one else standing on the next highest diving board, about to take the plunge?

I've decided on some week 1 goals to get myself back on track:
    - I will run at least 5K 4 times this week
    - I will do daily crunches, lunges, and pushups
    - I will track all food items to stay within daily calories
    - I will up my water intake! Herbal tea over night time snacks.
    - I won't allow this crazy, hectic, transitional period in my life lead to more bad habits triggered by emotions.
    - I will floss! Daily! hahaha

If i lose 1 lb a week, I'd be happy, but am expecting more like half a pound. I will weigh myself and take measurements on Wednesday and go from there.

Thanks for reading MFPers! And a happy Monday to you!
  • Glammy
    Glammy Posts: 115 Member
    Good week one goals - keep at it and you'll reach that final weight goal!

Good Luck!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Sounds like a good plan! Wish you the best. :flowerforyou: