Fitness & Ramadan

Options
I'm going to be fasting for about 17-18 hours most of next month. Eating two times a day and I plan on working out too. Any suggestions for my meal plan? I'm 5'5, 115 pounds with 17% body fat and i desperately do not want to gain weight or lose muscle.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,508 Member
    Options
    Eat at maintenance. 30/40/30 macro ratio.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Can you still drink? Black coffee or tea can help with the hunger or even water flavored with lemons, limes, mint, etc.

Long walks distract from my hunger. There's no reason to skip weight sessions. Don't worry about losing gains, just be smart about your two meals and keep up your activities.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I would suggest splitting your calories between the 2 meals and mostly eat whole foods and only small indulgences into the fried foods that are traditionally eaten.
  • mehrunisan
    mehrunisan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any fried foods at all. And nope, no tea of coffee. I live on green tea and coffee most of the day so I'll have to learn to manage.

What about cardio? I usually run 6k.. I attended a seminar today that said we should cut down our workout to half. will that effect my body cause i workout so much now( and have been for about 6 months with no break) ?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Continue to lift and focus on mainly eating protein. Don't eat above TDEE. Cardio will be tough when you're hungry.
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    If your only workout is running 6k, I wouldn't cut it in half. Running actually helps manage my appetite. You'll be fine!!
  • mehrunisan
    mehrunisan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    nope, running, stepper, elliptical and i do strength training too. mostly crossfit.
  • zachfox13
    zachfox13 Posts: 12
    Options
    Eat as much protein as you can!
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Make sure you get enough protein, fat and water. Take it easy with the exercise and you'll be fine. :smile: Since the days are long this time around maybe it's better to relax a little bit with the exercise. I'll stick to walking and some pilates/bodyweight strength training.. Oh, and try to stay away from carbs for breakfast, or at least try not to eat so much of it.